Sailing vids on utube

ashtead

Visit site
Latest vid from sailing Uma is first rate visually -they clearly have many units of time to fill but the attention to detail is first rate to my non tech eye . It’s hard to believe it’s home made with the artistic input they give to their productions.they even make Plymouth look interesting.

Kelpie

Visit site
and weighs in about 40 lbs,,, the flexi ones weigh about 9 lbs and are much more expensive ,,, are the domestic ones ok for marine use , i guess they prob are

I've been using a cheap rigid panel on my boat for five years now. It's been dropped, blown around, and even fell off the boat whilst she was beached, landing face down on stones and lying there for a day while the sea came in and out, submerging it. Amazingly, it's still going.
Ok it's not a domestic panel but it looks like the same technology. These panels are designed to last 25yrs on the roof of a house, exposed to all weathers. About the only downside to them is the weight.
Flexi panels are lighter but I've heard about them delaminating if allowed to flex. They're also much more expensive.

cherod

Visit site
I've been using a cheap rigid panel on my boat for five years now. It's been dropped, blown around, and even fell off the boat whilst she was beached, landing face down on stones and lying there for a day while the sea came in and out, submerging it. Amazingly, it's still going.
Ok it's not a domestic panel but it looks like the same technology. These panels are designed to last 25yrs on the roof of a house, exposed to all weathers. About the only downside to them is the weight.
Flexi panels are lighter but I've heard about them delaminating if allowed to flex. They're also much more expensive.
thanks ,, if it not classed as domestic then what is it , industrial or what ,,, my main concern is the weight , 2 x 40 lb panels mounted on a arch would have quite an effect to both roll and pitch . the price is tempting (y)

bluerm166

Visit site
Two further video blogs which will amuse some and no doubt irritate others are :

Wildlings Sailing
Sailing with the Litzenbergers

cherod

Visit site
Two further video blogs which will amuse some and no doubt irritate others are :

Wildlings Sailing
Sailing with the Litzenbergers
couple of extremes there . i always watch wildings , ( they did a good series of vids going down the Welsh coast while back )

Kelpie

Visit site
thanks ,, if it not classed as domestic then what is it , industrial or what ,,, my main concern is the weight , 2 x 40 lb panels mounted on a arch would have quite an effect to both roll and pitch . the price is tempting (y)

By 'not domestic' I just mean not the ones you see on house roofs, which are a standard size (990*1700) and generally higher voltage (33v).