Sailing vids on utube

Pete7

Visit site
Sailing Cadoha is a young English couple with no experience, buy a yacht at the wrong end of the country and have an adventure getting down south with bigger plans in the future. Easy to watch and well put together

stav

Visit site
In addition to many of the above I quite like sailing Florence with Matt and Amy (Sailing Yacht Florence) . They strike me as good south coast sailors (but no idea if correct or not). I tend to dip in and out as really I would like to be doing some of what they are doing. Not sure I could do all that filming and editing though! Also whit spot pirates.

For doing stuff has to be Tally Ho and oak to Arabella.

Charlie Boy

Visit site
Hunk of Junk is great. The fact that they are younger helps in a way, I admire their ability to stay focussed Where many would have thrown in the towel.

Then Acorn to Arabella is interesting

Leo on Tally ho is unmissable, a real craftsman.

Straightman21

Visit site
I've watched the usual range but the only one I stick to now is Sailing Yacht Florence. Nice young couple, they have a good manner, they're walking the walk, the cinematography is good and they are circumnavigating on the cheap [ish].

Kelpie

Visit site
I've watched the usual range but the only one I stick to now is Sailing Yacht Florence. Nice young couple, they have a good manner, they're walking the walk, the cinematography is good and they are circumnavigating on the cheap [ish].

Yes they're probably my favourite too. Kittiwake are good but got stuck in the Med for a bit.

Sailing Soulianis are also good, watchable videos and a nice balance between sailing and maintenance etc.

Fiddlesticks

Visit site
Mine:
Adventures of an old Seadog
- Does what it says on the tin.

Christian Williams
- Philosophy, spoken word and sailing

Erik Aanderaa
- "No bullsh!t, just sailing."

How to Sail Oceans
- Without an engine..

Patrick Childress Sailing
- Older chilled couple, lots of practical stuff

Patrick Laine
- Ex-pilot, sails out of La Rochelle on a quest to find a nice glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape

RAN Sailing
- Likeable Swedish couple with a new baby and a lovely Najad 440. Very chilled and competent. Nice mix of practical and sailing stuff.

Ryan & Sophie Sailing
- Crazy French girl meets American ex-pilot on Tinder and somehow they learn to sail and cross the Atlantic on a Beneteau Oceanis.

Sail Life
- I never imagined sanding could be this entertaining. Just watch it.

Sailing Uma
- Young capable couple on an all-electric yacht. Lots of projects and nice visuals.

Sampson Boat Co
- Leo is a master craftsman at work restoring a classic wooden yacht.

The Sailing Frenchman
- I think my wife added this one. Something about a sexy accent?

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Yes they're probably my favourite too. Kittiwake are good but got stuck in the Med for a bit.
I've started watching Kittiwake after the thread on the film "The Boat" where we discussed the hidden inland sea on Gozo. I watched that particular episode and have now started back at the start of their journey in 2017 and am working my way forward. :)

Richard

Sybarite

Visit site
Ran sailing is my current fave. (very good - he's a carpenter and very good with his hands))
Sail Life of course. ?
Erik Aanderaa, not particularly DIY focused content but great seamanship. (Leaving the main hatch wide open in a F10...??)
Ryan and Sophie Sailing. He is quite techie and she is hilarious.

Very good for practical issues :
Sailing Wind Rover 26' Contessa single handing across the Atlantic
Sailing UMA : Two young architects (incl eye candy - Kika...) who have completely transformed their boat. Very good at all aspects of boat work including changing to an electric motor and to sail drive.
Delos : One of the best. They are on an Amel Super Maramu and have converted to lithium batteries and electrical cooking. They also installed a full satellite dish to have on-line internet anywhere.
Sailing Panda : A couple on an Amel Sharki also using electrical cooking.
Sailing Fair Isle : A couple on a Hans Christien 48T. Very good technically as he is media engineer and she is a presenter. Repairs etc very well explained.
La Vagabonde - A couple sailing on an Outremer catamaran.
Christian Williams - a philosopher single handing in his 70's
Patrick Lainé - another excellent single hander. eg around Iceland.

V1701

Visit site
I've recently discovered this channel, a guy solo long distance sailing and maintaining an engineless 31 foot gaff cutter, very much not like the big commercial sailing channels and very enjoyable...

cherod

Visit site
Here is the antidote to Mads:

Not that it will teach you much useful about boat work.

It's an off the wall travelogue with possibly the most iffy boat that anyone has paid money to buy - however they are both tough and have already done a lot of hard miles. Strange but true.
All very odd but you have to like them for their quest and keeping at it.
they are quite funny

cherod

Visit site
Sailing Nanji is also worth a watch but I hope they don't make so much from their blogs that they get a swanky new boat. I much prefer to watch life in a mab than all mod cons.
used to watch them until their Greta episode ? fiasco , not any more .

cherod

Visit site
Sailing Cadoha is a young English couple with no experience, buy a yacht at the wrong end of the country and have an adventure getting down south with bigger plans in the future. Easy to watch and well put together

met them up here when they got their boat ,, a really very likeable couple . ( and crazy dug )

cherod

Visit site
I just watched that one as well. I went over to their blog to see if there was any more information, in particular how many watts of solar they have. I didn't find a number but I presume they are using two domestic standard panels so around 550-600w total.
What I found interesting was that their costing for the two panels, charge controller, and bimini mounting, was $400. This is in line with what I expect to spend for a similar setup. Lots of other people seem to be spending far more than that, which was making me worried I was under-budgeting and had missed some important information somewhere.

Ryan and Sophie did a fairly comprehensive video about their refit costs which were in a different league altogether. I suppose people just spend the budget they can afford. Fortunately it looks like even cheapskates like me will be OK given how much prices of solar panels etc have fallen.
i too have been pricing an instalation ,,, tbh i really can not see how they fitted 500 - 600 w for that price . i hope the panel prices have dropped !! from what i can see it is more like ( very aprox ) £ 100 per 100 w ,, i would love to know of something better .

cherod

Visit site
its the cheaper cats for me ,, Zingaro , Tulla , Tangarora , etc and being fed up with the american and english super babes on recently following some of the french ones ,, much much better stuff. ( and Dylan of course :) )

Kelpie

Visit site
i too have been pricing an instalation ,,, tbh i really can not see how they fitted 500 - 600 w for that price . i hope the panel prices have dropped !! from what i can see it is more like ( very aprox ) £ 100 per 100 w ,, i would love to know of something better .

A domestic panel is close to 300w and costs around £80