Sailing picture of the year

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Off Falmouth

Gaff933.jpg

Ketch937a.jpg

johnalison

Visit site
Well ladies and gentlemen, many thanks for responding to my call for photos of our 2013 sailing season and what a stunning selection of photos there has been for us all to enjoy. It has been a pleasure to look back and remind ourselves that we had a fabulous sailing summer this year, let's hope 2014 is as good.

I have no right to stand in judgement of the photos but, FWIW, this is how I see it:

In 4th place - Johnalison, his second photo in post 51, those two girls having a beer together sum up a lot of what sailing is about for me

In 3rd place - kevo, post 29

In 2nd place - DJE, post 41, fab landscape including yachts!

In 1st, by majority preference, Camelia with is mist photos, thread 12.

Virtual bottle of Bollinger in the ether to Camelia.

We're all winners - we were sailing around our glorious coast during the lovely summer of 2013.

happy Christmas.

rob
Many thanks for an excellent thread.
They say that 4th place is the worst of all but I will carry your kind comments with pride until next year.

Merry Christmas.

Tomahawk

Visit site
We left Plymouth on 14 Feb.
It was cold all the wa to Santander.
We had two days of sunshine...
Then it started raining. It rained in Gijon, It rainied in Ribadeo, it rained in Vivero, it really rained in Sada..

To be fair the return leg was less rain in Brittany and N France... But the weahter waited for us with a special deluge as we made our way up the Crouch...