Sad news I'd likd to share with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybarite

Visit site
There is nothing worse than losing one's child. I have two close friends who have each lost a daughter (Illness/accident) over the last two months. Though it is perhaps of little comfort now, they had a circle of friends on whom they could lean and share their sorrow with. I hope this is your case.
Anyway and judging by the comments others have already made above and, although we may not have met, you now have an enlarged circle and you should not hesitate to seek their support. It is in times like this that the forum shows its true worth.

With my sincerest condolences and in the hope that with time you get through this awful trial, know you are in my thoughts and prayers

Last edited:

nicho

Visit site
Desperately sad, I cannot comprehend the pain you are having to go through. Our neighbour’s 19 year old son passed in such circumstances last year. Friends, relatives and neighbours have given huge support, but it can never replace the love of a child.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
I hope you can at some future point find solace and a degree of closure. Please accept my condolences and sorrow at your loss.

I can sympathise with your fears that may have been evident before this tragic event, but can only imagine the pain you are feeling now. My thoughts are with you.

colhel

Visit site
Thank You. Each message has touched my heart. The tribute to her in my OP was taken from a much larger letter written by Helen. Laura was amazing in so many ways, not just academically. We arranged the funeral to take place in a couple of weeks in a beautiful setting just outside Poole.
Thanks again. Colin

Alicatt

Visit site
You have my deepest condolences and my thoughts are with you.
As the step father to 5 and step grandfather to 10, I cannot begin to imagine your pain and loss. Though they may not be of your own flesh, they do become part of you and you do feel everything the go through.
I lost my younger brother to cancer and though we were not that close, the pain of his loss ran deep and I still miss him 16 years on.

We lost our god son a few years ago to a motorcycle accident, he had sent me a photo of himself relaxing at the lunch break at the circuit he was training at, he was really enjoying himself and sharing it with everybody, 2 hours later he was gone. It tore us all up as he was only just before his 30th birthday and had so much to look forward to.

citygent111

Visit site
Helen and I over the years have met many wonderful people and so many have become real friends and others we talk here, at organised events and randomly out on the water.
I'm posting this here in Motorboat bit as this is where we generally hangout.
Last Thursday, I found my precious, gorgeous (Step) Daughter, Helens Daugher, had passed away at her own hand.
The forum can be an escape from reality, but this is too real and I felt it right I should let people know.
Laura was an amazing person.

Before Leo was born she felt lost, but his birth kick - started her into action, as she wanted something better for him and herself. She had dropped out of school at about 16, but at 19, when Leo was a few months old, she went to Salisbury College, by bus or train. This was not easy, as it required a very early start, dropping off Leo at the childminder, then a journey of at least an hour each way, in all weathers. The first year she got her Maths and English GCSE. In the second year she took Biology, Psychology and Sociology A Level and got A*'s in all three subjects, just in one year, with a baby to look after too! She went onto Southampton University to study Sociology and graduated in the subject after three years of commuting and organising child care etc. She went straight into a job in Tisbury afterwards and was flying high, until Covid. A series of events brought us here. Leo too has a brilliant and academic mind with a thirst for knowledge. He is worth investing in.
Ah colhel, we've never met, but if you ever need to offload, my ears are open for you 🙏

paradave

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. What a tragedy and I’m sure she knew what she clearly meant to you, your love is evident.

Be kind to yourselves.

Prologica1

Visit site
Helen and I over the years have met many wonderful people and so many have become real friends and others we talk here, at organised events and randomly out on the water.
I'm posting this here in Motorboat bit as this is where we generally hangout.
Last Thursday, I found my precious, gorgeous (Step) Daughter, Helens Daugher, had passed away at her own hand.
The forum can be an escape from reality, but this is too real and I felt it right I should let people know.
Laura was an amazing person.

Before Leo was born she felt lost, but his birth kick - started her into action, as she wanted something better for him and herself. She had dropped out of school at about 16, but at 19, when Leo was a few months old, she went to Salisbury College, by bus or train. This was not easy, as it required a very early start, dropping off Leo at the childminder, then a journey of at least an hour each way, in all weathers. The first year she got her Maths and English GCSE. In the second year she took Biology, Psychology and Sociology A Level and got A*'s in all three subjects, just in one year, with a baby to look after too! She went onto Southampton University to study Sociology and graduated in the subject after three years of commuting and organising child care etc. She went straight into a job in Tisbury afterwards and was flying high, until Covid. A series of events brought us here. Leo too has a brilliant and academic mind with a thirst for knowledge. He is worth investing in.
So sorry to hear this colhel. Glad you could share it with your friends in the boating community. Though I'm of a with-sails persuasion I count myself with all boaters with you in this. Keep talking and sharing, it's so important and healthy going forward.

God's blessings on you and Helen and all the family. I will be praying for you.
David

KevinV

Visit site
Horrid news, just horrid. I know of too many young people making the same decision, one in my family. It's such a waste.

colhel

Visit site
Thanks to all who offered their condolences and I'm sure there were many who read this but for whatever reason, didn't leave a message, but I know you care.
I'm asking the YBW admin to close this thread and ask for this to be last post, it's served its purpose in spreading the word but also so I wouldn't get a notification in few days, weeks or whatever and the thread coming live again.

You've all really helped.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

WE WILL HAVE FUN AGAIN

Colin and Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.