Sad news I'd likd to share with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colhel

Visit site
Helen and I over the years have met many wonderful people and so many have become real friends and others we talk here, at organised events and randomly out on the water.
I'm posting this here in Motorboat bit as this is where we generally hangout.
Last Thursday, I found my precious, gorgeous (Step) Daughter, Helens Daugher, had passed away at her own hand.
The forum can be an escape from reality, but this is too real and I felt it right I should let people know.
Laura was an amazing person.

Before Leo was born she felt lost, but his birth kick - started her into action, as she wanted something better for him and herself. She had dropped out of school at about 16, but at 19, when Leo was a few months old, she went to Salisbury College, by bus or train. This was not easy, as it required a very early start, dropping off Leo at the childminder, then a journey of at least an hour each way, in all weathers. The first year she got her Maths and English GCSE. In the second year she took Biology, Psychology and Sociology A Level and got A*'s in all three subjects, just in one year, with a baby to look after too! She went onto Southampton University to study Sociology and graduated in the subject after three years of commuting and organising child care etc. She went straight into a job in Tisbury afterwards and was flying high, until Covid. A series of events brought us here. Leo too has a brilliant and academic mind with a thirst for knowledge. He is worth investing in.

Attachments

• bcc3172d-9728-4f19-8d6a-dfb68d17a2dd.jpg
    bcc3172d-9728-4f19-8d6a-dfb68d17a2dd.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 20190726_154001.jpg
    20190726_154001.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Falcoron

Visit site
So sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences to you and the family circle.
As a father of 3 Beautiful girls, i cannot imagine the pain you are feeling.
My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

sarabande

Visit site
It's hard to imagine there could be a more serious or painful post. You must have given Laura enormous love and support over the years and I hope that Leo grows under your care into a wonderful memory of his mother.

To all of you, my best wishes for the future.

Greg2

Visit site
So very sorry for your loss. As a parent it is absolutely the worst thing to lose a child, I can only imagine how you and Helen feel and my heart goes out to you. Leo must be devastated but he has the benefit of you and Helen who will undoubtedly help him through this and ensure that he makes the best of life.

Mr Googler

Visit site
A beautiful post for such tragic circumstances. You do have support here and please lean on it during the tough times. Heart felt condolences to you all

Last edited:

Tradewinds

Visit site
Having lost my beautiful son to suicide just over three years ago I know what you and Helen are going through. There are no easy words but I offer you my heartfelt condolences.

jfm

Visit site
Colin, so sorry to read that. Heartfelt condolences to Leo, Helen and you. You have much support, respect and friendship here and I know you'll be the strongest anyone could be in helping Helen and Leo. So sorry for you.

benjenbav

Visit site
Colin - please don’t ever think that those who only know you on here, or who can’t find the right words - not that any words will really help - aren’t right behind you and Helen and Leo, wishing you well in this tragedy. Take care.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
That is horrible news. You and Helen are truly two of life's good people. No one deserves to suffer in this way, especially you guys. I'm sure Helen will have your support and hopefully that will, in some small part lessen the pain.

Like others on here I too have been touched by the cruel and angry waste of suicide. In my world everything has a solution, sadly others don't feel the same. One of the hardest things I've had to do is stand up in front of a packed church and read out a eulogy for a young man with his whole life to enjoy. Not a few weeks previous we cycled round Monaco together and then back to Vilefranche.

It goes without saying if there's anything I can do to help please do not hesitate to get in touch. You are amongst friends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.