RYDLYME ?

xeitosaphil

Visit site
I am going to flush my 2 gm20 today with Rydlyme and I wondered to chuck in the bucket the thermostat as well.
Engine anodes are out so they don't disappear, but it set me thinking?

I have a few part depleted pear anodes which would possibly see another years work, but are covered in the white salt deposit that builds up on them. Someone in the yard said I should grind them back and re-use them?
Question is ...if it was to chuck them in the bucket with the Rydlyme and monitor their state. Once the salt deposit was gone, would what was left still work as the original intended use?

Would be interested in your views.

Cheers Philip

Plum

Visit site
I am going to flush my 2 gm20 today with Rydlyme and I wondered to chuck in the bucket the thermostat as well.
Engine anodes are out so they don't disappear, but it set me thinking?

I have a few part depleted pear anodes which would possibly see another years work, but are covered in the white salt deposit that builds up on them. Someone in the yard said I should grind them back and re-use them?
Question is ...if it was to chuck them in the bucket with the Rydlyme and monitor their state. Once the salt deposit was gone, would what was left still work as the original intended use?

Would be interested in your views.

Cheers Philip
Yes, put thermostat in bucket. Hopefully you have removed the impeller too. I would not put the pear anodes in, grind or wire brush them back to bare zinc.

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Yes, put thermostat in bucket. Hopefully you have removed the impeller too. I would not put the pear anodes in, grind or wire brush them back to bare zinc.

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Thanks Plum for the reply.

No probs with impellor, I've disconnected the water pump and bypassed it, gone straight to the thermostat inlet with a little pump with the return disconnected to the exhaust elbow, fixed a hose back to the bucket . Also clamped the thermostat bypass so it goes through the block.

Hopefully sorted.

Cheers Philip