Ryanair- more backwards progress

[3889]

Visit site
Just checked in for tomorrow's flight and am told electronic boarding passes are no longer valid for travellers with non-EU id and they must be printed.
I know a lot of peeps do this anyway but for me it's a right PITA as I often fly directly after disembarking a boat.
Good news is they will print it for you at the airport for a bargainaceous £20. That's if you've already checked in on line, otherwise £55?
Screenshot_20220204-090550_Chrome.jpg

Poignard

Visit site
Bloody Hell! £55!!! Almost worth buying a printer!

If you have time, I suppose a copy shop might do it for you, or the marina office.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
If you have time, I suppose a copy shop might do it for you, or the marina office.

Ryanair have always charged those who turned up without boarding passes or not checked in on-line. We always print out boarding cards, Covid tests etc. , have printer on boat. Much quicker through airports, those using phones slow everything down and I was amused when guy in front of us found his battery was flat and he then had to pay to have everything printed.

westernman

www.devalk.nl

I have always found the marina office or the hotel where I have been staying very cooperative for that kind of thing.
If I have my laptop with me, I put the files onto a USB stick, otherwise I email them to the desk clerk.

[3889]

Visit site
I have always found the marina office or the hotel where I have been staying very cooperative for that kind of thing.
If I have my laptop with me, I put the files onto a USB stick, otherwise I email them to the desk clerk.
That's great if you're staying in a marina but not so useful if you make landfall at 4AM and are booked on a 10AM flight.

Last edited:

[3889]

Visit site
Ryanair have always charged those who turned up without boarding passes or not checked in on-line. We always print out boarding cards, Covid tests etc. , have printer on boat. Much quicker through airports, those using phones slow everything down and I was amused when guy in front of us found his battery was flat and he then had to pay to have everything printed.
Yes, but now even if you check in on line you require a printed pass. It's a bit awkward to travel with a printer as a delivery skipper though very easy to travel with 2 phones.
If you are competent enough to print a document you should be competent to manage your phone battery. Failure at one suggests likely failure with the other.

Irish Rover

Visit site
amuses me when I see people ranting about Ryanair. Their rules and requirements are clear. Follow the rules or suffer the consequences. Simple really.
Ryanair operate a number of flights from Bodrum Airport in Türkiye. I heard there's an enterprising young lad hanging around the checkin area with a portable printer offering to print docs for €5. I could visualise O Leary doing something similar in his youth.

Visit site
Just checked in for tomorrow's flight and am told electronic boarding passes are no longer valid for travellers with non-EU id and they must be printed.
I know a lot of peeps do this anyway but for me it's a right PITA as I often fly directly after disembarking a boat.
Good news is they will print it for you at the airport for a bargainaceous £20. That's if you've already checked in on line, otherwise £55?
View attachment 129787
Almost every airport I have flown through has a coin in slot computer/printer available .

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
We all know ryan air if you want a cheap no frills price, you have to abide by their conditions of sale.

We normally fly Ryan, usually because of flight times not because we like them and have never had a problem. Yesterday flew Jet2, booking process just the same. Unlike Ryan used airbridge and boarding called by numbers so better. Far better trolley service but even more sales announcements.

Watching people check in and go through the various document checks at both ends, very obvious those using phones slowed the process.

Beneteau381

Visit site
See here re Ryanair delinquency... Ryanair fined €24000 by Balearic Government over hand luggage charges

My daughter has just book a "cheap flight" to Ireland from the UK. Cheap!!... then they charge £150 for hold baggage AND/OR £200 for cabin baggage!... What is the UK not fining them, like the Spaniards did??
If you buy the hold baggage when youbuy the ticket, ie at the same time it is only £20 odd quid each 20kg hold bag. If you try to buy it later then it is £50 each ish bag. Ryan Air is fine as long as you read therules and abide by them. By the way, I have flown from Faro numerous times, go up the staitrs, their is a security guy with a phone scanner and in you go. So the bit about only paper tickets being allowed, nonsense, sorry!

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Ryanair at £20 per bag if booked at the time is pretty good value, and you can pool the weight so if you have two hold bags one can be 30Kg and one 10Kg

(Good to know as I am hoping to bring a cooker back to Portugal from the Uk at 23.5kg)

I don't know why people whinge about Ryanair, they are good value and no issues if you know their rules. The only thing I don't like is thr colour of the seats.

- W

Beneteau381

Visit site
Ryanair at £20 per bag if booked at the time is pretty good value, and you can pool the weight so if you have two hold bags one can be 30Kg and one 10Kg

(Good to know as I am hoping to bring a cooker back to Portugal from the Uk at 23.5kg)

I don't know why people whinge about Ryanair, they are good value and no issues if you know their rules. The only thing I don't like is thr colour of the seats.

- W
We brought out lots of things this time, as you say, poolingis allowed, dont forget you are allowed €480 of tax free each coming in as well

DownWest

Visit site
Never had a problem with Ryanair. But I did with BA a while back. Checked in at London, to be told I woud not be allowed on the plane as I didn't have a return ticket?
Pointed out I lived in Portugal and was going home and using my return ticket Nope, rooles applied. Some agreement with the Portuguese about travelers. So, why does that apply to me, as a resident? Had to get people up the chain involved. Unfortunatly I didn't have a my resident card on me (why should I?) But I did have a bank card and pointed out that it was only issued to residents then. More hassle, but was let on finally.