RYA policy forum

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
As a non-participant in the internal affairs of the RYA, of which I'm a member, I've been content to pay the subs and let others get on with the work. However, if enough RYA members wish, there may be the opportunity of developing a new RYA forum that would allow specific discussion on RYA policy matters.

In response to a request for a policy forum, RYA web editor Jake Frith wrote; <ul type="square"> "If a number of users start talking in here about RYA policy, we will soon set up a forum for them to do so on." [/list] If RYA members believe that this would be useful, comments can be posted here.

duncan

Visit site
ah but the nub of this is in the phrase 'RYA policy' - generally we would want to have our say on issues before they become policy surely? eg the 3 day weather 'decision'?

and that's where committees come in - to make difficult decisions smoothly and easily (which is tough to do if you actually take everybodies views into account.......)

but well done for following up - and good luck

(and yep I am a paid up member)

claymore

Visit site
Personally I won't be getting involved. There is bound to be a protocol and all discussions carried through a chair and people moving things and constant reference to articles of memorandum and the constitution.
I don't think I'm up to it nowadays......

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
With you on this, I've posted.

Congrats on your big <span style="color:red"> 4000 </span> - it seems to have passed without ceremony.

I think I am now only a couple away from my 3000th, so will have to see if I can come up with something reasonable. (Already done the widest post and probably the stupidest post, and the first 1000 post thread, so I dunno . . . any suggestions)

- Nick