Running engine (diesel) with the ignition turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicS

Visit site
Whereas I agree with you ........................

The compression ratio in an internal combustion engine is determined by .........................

What is your definition of compression ratio... I keep asking but you do not answer the question

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Whereas I agree with you that a few individuals on this topic are sarcastic by nature, and it's not a quality that I value very highly, your last posts are falling apart so much in the use of English, that I can't follow them.

Funnily enough, if often tends to happen when we are attempting to be smart arses. It's like the sub-conscious kicks on to trip their egos up and has them make a fool of themselves. No idea what you are referring to now.

The compression ratio in an internal combustion engine is determined by a combination of the shape of the piston and combustion chamber because, in combination they then determine what Vc is. That is "shape" as in dimensions, not the "kind of shape" as others have attempting to assert, in order to confuse the issue and protect they and their friend's egos by burying the stupidity of the original comments and arguments behind noise and cruft.

I am not suggesting that the original "Emperor" has "no clothes on", but he certain dropped his pants in public and prove he has a small pee-pee in this department.

How old are you, 5 ?

Hadenough

Visit site
In some reality it must ...... just not in this one. o_O

Richard
I used to have a Lambreta LD 125. Petrol was 12/6 a gallon and I used to ”fill up” by the pint and squirt an bit of two stroke oil into the tank. Girlfriends house was 5miles away and I often used to get home on whatever was available, paraffin, straight petrol, vodka. Dunno what shape the pistons were but I never walked home?

convey

N/A
Visit site
That's because compression ratio is defined by the shape of the piston... I mean, in some reality it must?
I preferred to write determined.

Yup, in every internal combustion chamber, steam engine, and air compressor. In combination with the dimensions of the other parts mentioned, of course.

Do you really find it that difficult to understand? It must have taken a life time's worth of practise to become that stupid.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
When qualified engineers, aerospace engineers and professional engineering bodies (NSPE, theIET and RAEng) are telling me that it's not... but instead point me almost universally to the equation... (RAEng posted a diagram)...

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I preferred to write determined.

Yup, in every internal combustion chamber, steam engine, and air compressor. In combination with the dimensions of the other parts mentioned, of course.
We're getting there, again .... although we did that a couple of times before and then you started backtracking to that "shape of the piston determines the compression ratio" nonsense. o_O

Anyway, we're now effectively back at my post #418: "What determines the "volume at the end of the compression stroke"? The engine designer" .

Excellento. (y)

Richard

rogerthebodger

Visit site
When qualified engineers, aerospace engineers and professional engineering bodies (NSPE, theIET and RAEng) are telling me that it's not... but instead point me almost universally to the equation... (RAEng posted a diagram)...

He offered to go to the IMechE to adjudicate the two positions when I said let's go with several C Eng's and myself as an ex MIMechE on here that was no more talk of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.