Round the Island.

activesail

www.activesail.com
There's not too many to choose from in the South. So I think we will settle for the Isle of Wright.

The Lundy Island Race from Ilfracoombe is worth doing as well.;)

awol

Visit site
The West Highland week entry forms are out now - you get a "Round Lismore" race in that. Then there's Round Mull, 2-handed Round Arran, Round Shuna, Round Bute, Round Ailsa Craig, and goodness knows how many more.

Clive

Visit site
I have already entered, now sorting out my crew and booking berths for Friday & Saturday nights. Organising lift out & scrub for the week before the race, etc, etc.

My key guys, on the helm and on the bow, are sorted. I run the show from the pits (where I can tweak all the bits of string) Next is to sort out the other three. Our target is to get into the top 10% in the ISC fleet. Just missed out on the last couple of years. must try harder.

BelleSerene

Visit site
I'll take Belle Serene round. Always good fun - a half-way house between a race and a good day out with friends. More towards the latter. That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

BAtoo

Visit site
The Round the Island Race has opened to entries today. Is anyone on here thinking of entering?

Probably not this year.

So go for it everyone else - last time we entered it brought forth gale-force SW winds for the whole week prior to the race effectively keeping us on the East Coast !!!! Had a friend in Portsmouth on "wind-watch" to keep track of things too...We were even keeping the departing options open so as to reach the line at the start time - needless to say we didnt make it ! :(:(:(