Rolls Royce engine

Steadfast

Visit site
Bit of a long shot this. Steadfast has a non turbo 1950's vintage Rolls Royce C series engine. It runs sweetly but it's not a marine variant and marine Rolls Royce engines are as rare as hens teeth. my engine is keel cooled so the absence of a marine heat exchanger is not an issue, but I would really like to find a water cooled exhaust manifold for it. Frustratingly I recently came across a pair of naturally aspirated Rolls C series marine engines stood near a boat yard in Southampton. I tracked down the owner who told me they were going to scrap and if I could better the scrap value, which he estimated to be a couple of hundred pounds each, I could have one or both of them. I explained that I didn't have the means to move or store them but would gladly give him a £100 for an exhaust manifold and he could still sell them for scrap less the 20 kilos or so that the manifold weighed (40 pence worth if his estimate of £200 a ton was correct) I'd have probably given more than £100 if he'd haggled but he said no, take a whole engine or none at all. a couple of weeks later they were gone with the owner refusing to tell me who took them. I'd still love to find a water cooled manifold for the engine for the reduction in noise and engine room temperature it would provide, so if any forum member knows where to find one I'd be so grateful

Keith 66

Visit site
Bit of a lesson there, old stuff like that is getting very hard to find. Should have bought them!
About 25 years ago i had three British power boat co type 100's, big straight sixes all complete. Put them up for sale & had a boat outfit wanting to buy them for marine use. But the base engine was also used in Lagonda & Frazer Nash cars & a block & head were worth 500 each, crankshaft ditto, the classic racing guys wanted them, I offered them to the boat guys for the same price as broken for parts but they said they arent worth that.... The car guy bought them & all the marinizing parts got scrapped.

bedouin

Visit site
Bit of a lesson there, old stuff like that is getting very hard to find. Should have bought them!
Those of you who know Ocean Village will be familiar with Brave Challenger - that is powered by Rolls Royce engines (3 of them).

According to their website they have 54 spare engines in stock!

Freebee

Visit site
Those of you who know Ocean Village will be familiar with Brave Challenger - that is powered by Rolls Royce engines (3 of them).

According to their website they have 54 spare engines in stock!
yes but they are gas turbines I dont op is asking for gt parts??