Rod Heikell - Contact

Sundowner Portofino

Visit site
Does anyone have any idea how I would go about contacting Rod Heikell?

We were in Astypalia, Greece in the summer and they have done a lovely job of upgrading the harbour for visiting yachts. I took a couple of decent high res photos and thought he might find then useful for the next Aegean update.

Please PM me rather than putting anything on the open forum.

Thanks Fergus

Sundowner Portofino

Visit site
The change from the pilot guide and charts is that they have pulled a mole out from the old ferry quay with an L on the end. It does a good job of cutting out the ground swell, but has limited the anchoring space. If you plan to anchor then the bay on the other side of the fort is still mainly clear of obstructions or Melatzanna

IMG_6059 small.jpg

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
The change from the pilot guide and charts is that they have pulled a mole out from the old ferry quay with an L on the end. It does a good job of cutting out the ground swell, but has limited the anchoring space. If you plan to anchor then the bay on the other side of the fort is still mainly clear of obstructions or Melatzanna

View attachment 54910

I think you will find it has been like that for a couple of years now and is shown as in your photo in the 12th edition of the pilot. Two years ago the end of the mole collapsed but has since been repaired, was as it is now last year. I have previously sent updates direct to Imray rather than to Rod Heikell.

mikemanor

www.waltontraining.co.uk
His guides are published by Imray. If you contact them direct in St Ives (Cambs) I have always found them to be very helpful. The answer may be to send the updates direct to them.

As an aside, a couple of years ago I needed a chart in a hurry and called the office ( I live near St Ives) and asked if they had one in stock. They said they could get one from the warehouse for the next day - did I want it up to date? Of course I said thinking no more about it.

When I collected the chart the next day it had been beautifully corrected to the latest NtMs in fine purple correcting pen. It is a work of art that I looked after very carefully on the trip - and still have.

Sundowner Portofino

Visit site
Thank you all - pics sent to Imray who responded very quickly that they would be passed on.

The port in question could well have been updated a few years ago, I am pretty sure we have the most current pilot for that area and it was not mentioned, hence wanting to try and help.

Thanks for all your help