Rocna or Manson Supreme??

GrahamM376

Visit site
Having done a bit of research, it seems I can get a 20kg Manson Supreme delivered from the UK to Malta for about £475 or a 27kg for £580.

Or we can pick up a Rocna 25kg for about 600 euros, (£560), in Levkas Marina in Greece, (we plan to sail to the Ionian for Spring/early summer), although it might be nice to use a new anchor on the way there.

Existing anchor is a 45lb CQR copy, (HarbourFast), which held the boat fine in winds up to 27knots in Syracusa in 2007.

I know it's been asked before, and it's my decision, but what would you do - particularly if you already have one of the anchors?

Cheers

Richard

We have the Manson on a Moody 376 - excellent setting and holding performance. No problem with the bow fitting (if you attach chain to the elongated hole rather than the long slot) but the shank is so deep it fouls the anchor locker lid so I had to grind some of the front lip off.

The slot (in my opinion) is a waste of space and if you shackle the chain to it, the anchor won't ride over the roller on retrieve. The idea is to be able to motor over a fouled anchor and the shackle rides along the slot and trips it. What happens when you drift over the anchor with tide turn? I'd rather not find out.

If buying again, I would go for the Rocna.