Report from Belfast, and found boat for Learner

jfm

Visit site
Went to Belfast to see Poseidon 52, spent 3 hrs, liked it, very nice boat indeed, brother has made a written offer by fax this morning. Will update when get answer.

May soon request advice on crossing Coleraine -to- Kip (Clyde) from those who've dunnit, for delivery trip. Take a woolly hat and scarf would seem to be a good start advice-wise, it was freezing on Saturday in those northerly latitudes.

On the plane back, thumbing thru brother's copies of "Boats and Planes 4 sale" and similar mags, saw this Sunseeker. Learner, have you seen this? Advertised privately, not thru broker. Quote.....

S/hawk48, 1997, blue hull, 3xKAD42, 500hrs, 40knots, cherry interior, full med spec, genny, air, tender+jetski, lying mallorca, £162,500. +34 971 614270. Advert seems to have been in Oct and Nov 02, no longer.

Seems alright? Buy it?

EME

www.lumishore.com
JFM

Thanks, I hadn't seen it (shock, horror) but currently still on MC boat...which is cheaper.

This follows very heavy (TCM-inspired) discussions over weekend with SWMBO where she nearly went back to Cranchi Endurance...(NO!!) buteventually decided we should do boat ...next season anyway. Even offered to buy new Porker (as it passed us on A8), until I pointed out it was a GT2 !

<font color=black>I am WHAT I say I am

EME

www.lumishore.com
Half right

Yes/No but You are exactly right , I DID try it , and she DID accept !!!!

I then used spare Sympathy card, plus commitment to sell if she doesn't like it !!!

(After 1 season minimum)

tcm

Visit site
Re: Oho!

Oh great. So, you sed "darling I've decided not to buy a boat" whereupon she said "oh thank christ for that, can i have a porsche boxster please?" and you said "i was only kidding, tcm toldme to play some mind games, and anyway that's a GT2 and not a boxster so har har!".

I spect she will smash my face in next time i see her, or set the loonies on me.

EME

www.lumishore.com
Oho!

Uuuuurrgghhhh.....YES. That just about sums it up.....except it was a GT2, so serves her right on that one.

Also , clearly my fault as my parents were there and Ma goes on about ' Val Howell this and Val howell that' and then 60s yottie stuff so Done Deal really....

jfm

Visit site
Re: not porker.......

Don't buy a Porker Learner, there are loads for sale, so you would need a flippin massive spreadsheet. Probly would have to buy a home version of Oracle or SAP R/3 to fit it all on. Get the one I mentioned, it has all ther bits and just offer £10k less. Also, I'll buy the jetski off you for £1500 so it's getting cheaper all the time. I'll fax you the ad if you want

EME

www.lumishore.com
Val Howell (right name??)

I think he's the guy who first took me out in a dinghy when on hols in Saundersfoot.

Did transatlantic or Round TheWorld race in sixties, came third/fourth or something from memory.. Also spent one long summer trying to impress/get off with gorgeous daughter with smy water-skiing ability . Became expert skier but failed to impress the lady !

jfm

Visit site
Re:Mother puts her size 11s in

Hmmm.... that extra info explains a bit. I can see that your mother mentioning Val Howell this and that didn't exactly help things.... assuming you were married to SWMBO at the time of the waterski lessons...... :)

EME

www.lumishore.com
Big S/sheet is NOT a problem..

Have just taken over operating rights to Terradata so no d/base issues !

I've got the advert , I'll phone up. However saleability of Mk 2 lot greater thanMk1...so BIG drop in price required...Same spec (without Gennie and PWC) as one BvDH has for sale ,,asking €275000 ..special discount to me etc...but still not as good value/nick as Monaco.

jfm

Visit site
It was very nice. Huge. Built with a full 2 decks, I mean the lower deck was 6' headroom and the entire length of hull, with saloon, galley and pilothouse above. Nice cabins. Carefully looked after, dehumids running everywhere (it was ashore). Walk in engine room, same size as TCMs but much smaller engines, so loadsaroom. Interior seriosuly restored, beautiful varnishwork. Ensuite to owners cabin had a bath!Tennis court sized flybridge. Heavy on maintenance and upkeep, will need (in the future) much varnish/paint touch up on a regular basis, as you wd expect. Massive stabilisers, with luvverly hydraulics in engine room to operate them. Needs lots of new electronics (plotter is CRT, echosounder is bakelite. In fact, total lack of plasma and TFT throughout). And a few other fixes. Otherwise good. We reckon it needs £10k spending and then it's a serious boat, one of the finest TSDYs on the W Coast of Scotland imho

jfm

Visit site
Re: and final question, Mr Negus...

asking 125k. We offered a sensible amount less, as he doesn't wanna spend more than 125 all in, including the things it needs fixing. Ans subject to survey