Renewing passport

nortada

Visit site
The first passport photo I had, you had to get a magistrate or JP to sign on the back that it was a bona fide likeness.

Or a doctor or police/military officer.

An up standing member of the community, no less, who had known you for at least 2 years.

When you present your passport, it will be fairly obvious if it is your picture - bureaucracy gone mad.

GHA

Visit site
The first passport photo I had, you had to get a magistrate or JP to sign on the back that it was a bona fide likeness.
Similar to get an Irish passport, major grownup had to sign off the application. They phoned up to check how long my sisters solicitor friend had known me. Decades so was fine.

RupertW

Visit site
Or a doctor or police/military officer.

An up standing member of the community, no less, who had known you for at least 2 years.

When you present your passport, it will be fairly obvious if it is your picture - bureaucracy gone mad.
Same in the UK if you have lost your passport. I had to get a civil service friend to sign it. For my recent Irish application it was a doctor colleague I’d known for 10 years.

Alicatt

Visit site
For my first 10 year passport it was the guy that took the pic of me that signed it, ex-police inspector and a work colleague, everybody in the office used him as he had a proper passport polaroid camera for making the company ID cards.

Now waiting on my biometric residency card in Belgium, took the pics myself in my cinema, used the projector for the main light and the flash to fill behind on the screen, took a few goes to get the balance right, I do the ID pics for the family too for their ID cards and driving licences.