Refresher training help!? Hythe based boat.

nickjh

Visit site
Hi all,

It has been a long time since i last posted on here! I hope everyone is well!
So,

I used to have a 30ft motor boat on the solent (Haslar Marina) and have done PB2 and day skipper course (ICC) over the years, but since selling it I have just been using ribs very occasionally (8.5m scorpion). I have just agreed to share a friends 40ft Azimut moored in Hythe for the summer!! :) But being a sensible chap and given its been a while (7 years) since any "proper" boating I wondered if a couple of day out refreshers might be a little more sensible on the boat itself. It's quite a leap from the 30ft single engine petrol!.

My girlfriend is new boating (but good with ropes as ex firefighter) so a couple of sessions on the boat for us both would be very valuable i think.. boat handling and competent crew.

Once back into the groove i would like to continue my formal training and now start to venure further a field.

I have arranged the boat to have all the pre-season work done and she is now back in the water with the view that i can get out and have some close quarters practice whilst the pontoons are marinas are relatively empty.

Would anyone on hear be in a position to help or can recommend anyone? i am reluctant to use a company as i am not looking for certification, just some refresher training and i know they usually use part time or independant skippers and just add a margin.

BTW, i am planning to go to the boat tomorrow! :)

Many thanks in advance..

Nick

Visit site
Hi Nick

Just PM'd you as don't think it needs to be public touting, but the chap whose details I sent you probably has the most experience aboard Azimuts out of any RYA instructor.

He lives and breathes Azimut and he is also qualified to look after the boat too.

Tom