Red / Green combined nav light ??

Refueler

Visit site
OK ... I found SVB show the AQ40 / 41 in their catalogue ... but of course when you ask - answer - no longer available.

I appreciate the links to Maldives and AAA etc. - but having found the Occulati 75 at 48 euros incl delivery ... I think my quest is done !! I could of course had the Hella 2984 - slightly smaller but still OK .. but at 69 euros ....

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
OK ... I found SVB show the AQ40 / 41 in their catalogue ... but of course when you ask - answer - no longer available.

I appreciate the links to Maldives and AAA etc. - but having found the Occulati 75 at 48 euros incl delivery ... I think my quest is done !! I could of course had the Hella 2984 - slightly smaller but still OK .. but at 69 euros ....
I remember the Aqua Signal. My old Southerly had them. Locking lever on steaming light worked well. Stern light didn't until I bent the internal hook slightly with a screwdriver. One on the stern responded to same treatment but loosened off again after a couple of years. I used to loop self-emanating tape behind the top of the lever, down under the bottom and back again. That worked for over 20 years.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
I also think it's an Aquamarine, locks onto the bracket with a lever, which I had to modify a few years ago when I found it was hanging on the wire! Still working but did have to renew the wiring.

Refueler

Visit site
So did the wire break so it did fall off.

Yes ... I have wire just hanging now ... with nothing else !!

Cut and paste from Post #1 : "Anisette had a large stainless steel cased bow R-G nav light that was slipped over a 'tongue' - supposed to click and lock in place ... but on trip in rough seas - it was knocked off and is now at bottom of Baltic ...."

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Yes ... I have wire just hanging now ... with nothing else !!

Cut and paste from Post #1 : "Anisette had a large stainless steel cased bow R-G nav light that was slipped over a 'tongue' - supposed to click and lock in place ... but on trip in rough seas - it was knocked off and is now at bottom of Baltic ...."

So, what made the wire break or was there a sharp hole in the pulpit that causer the wire to chafe and the nav light was swinging due to rough passage

Refueler

Visit site
So, what made the wire break or was there a sharp hole in the pulpit that causer the wire to chafe and the nav light was swinging due to rough passage

Given that the boat was sailing in the tail of a storm ... that she dug her bow in and a solid wall of water slammed and then up and over .. I am not surprised the light is no longer there .. it never felt really secure .. and lets be honest - we don't expect to be in such conditions !

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Given that the boat was sailing in the tail of a storm ... that she dug her bow in and a solid wall of water slammed and then up and over .. I am not surprised the light is no longer there .. it never felt really secure .. and lets be honest - we don't expect to be in such conditions !

When you fit your new nav light fit a cable gland or grommets where the cable passes through hole where the cable passes into the boat

This can also help to stop water entering in the conditions you found yourself in

Refueler

Visit site
When you fit your new nav light fit a cable gland or grommets where the cable passes through hole where the cable passes into the boat

This can also help to stop water entering in the conditions you found yourself in

The cable actually is fed through the pulpit and best is to use sealant where it exits ...

The matter we need to sort when fitting new light - is the cable itself ... it appears as a single wire cable left hanging .. so need to sort out getting dual wire cable replacing it. Hopefully we can pull it back into cabin with a line attached and new cable behind that ...

Refueler

Visit site
Found the photo I took ....

y18wwgUl.jpg

Note the single wire dangling from the pulpit exit ... once new light arrives - exercise will be to sort out the wiring so I have the + / - wires !!

I assume the other got cut at the exit hole in Pulpit .... so likely will need to remove panel in forecabin to find the lead.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Size was probably about 100mm tall, ~80mm wide, ~70 - 80mm depth ?
Lots has been posted so my comment is possibly irrelevant now. However, I would (with respect) comment that it is not the size of the unit that you should be looking at, but the performance. Separation of the sectors, range of visbility , colour density waterproofing. Not all units are the same. I would want to be certain before going for some LED & even some filament bulbs with plastic lenses of dubious quality. Not all are waterproof. My Aquasignal, for instance , needs regular maintenance of the contacts. The single screw holding the lense has corroded & I now hold it in place with a pair of cable ties. The seal being well greased.
Just a point & sorry if teaching you how to suck eggs

Last edited:

andsarkit

Visit site
I recently fitted the AAA 00152-LD mentioned above to an old Centaur that had lost its bow light in a similar fashion when it fell off the clip. I can confirm that the fitting is the same onto a stainless tongue with a locking lever. I got it from Marinescene but they seem to be out of stock at the moment.

Refueler

Visit site
I like how the lamp is mounted, below a step. Mine throws a glare off the stainless pulpit and cover over the lamp would prevent that.

The angle of visibility is fine as the lamp is sufficiently fwd on the mount.

Yes I like it to - but your point of 'glare of the pulpit' .... mine did throw a little light reflected and it was enough to know from cockpit that light was working ... but no so much to compromise the light characteristics.

The replacement light will not use the clip on mount - but will have a spacer instead so lamp will still be sufficiently ahead of the pulpit side uprights.