Red Flags!!

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Why do I sometimes get red flags on posts that I have not read. But most of the time dont, leaving me to try to remember how many replies each post has had last time I looked or read all the same bloody things again.

Haydn

c_j

Visit site
You're lucky. I don't even get red flags but have to remember the number of posts.

Thats the trouble with you young people of today, had it too easy for too long.

When I was a boy all we had was to tap on coffee tins to communcate.
Thats if you were lucky enough to have a coffee tin. bloody luxury, a coffee tin.

All I had was a wet cardboard box connected with wool picked out of a second hand sailers jumper. Could'nt hear a bloody word.

Cj

Back from Lymmington/Pub

G

Mebbe cos you use the "Back" button, instead of "return to forum"?

Or, you sometimes use it at work, and then another time use it at home? On loading forum, unread posts are (i thinkl) are for that user on that puter.

jfm

Visit site
Re: Any puter

Axshully no, read/unread posts are for one user, but not one puter. If you go to a different puter and login there the ipc server seems to remeber what time that user was last hooked up, then it shows all new posts since that session.

But I find you have to click "change" (and maybe select last-two-days or wahtever) b4 the red flags show, they dont appear when you first log in.

JFM

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Well Then. Why do I some times need to log on before I can post but most times not and anyway I'm using the same computer all the time so other answers just dont apply.

Haydn

BarryD

Visit site

Just make sure you keep some milk by the disc drive, it makes the cookies download quicker. No really.

Barry D.

brianrunyard

homepage.ntlworld.com
Do you always login?
I access the forums from 2 different computers, one remembers my username and password, so always shows the red flags, the other is a work computer, so dosn't show red flags until I've logged in, until then it dosn't know who I am so dosn't know which ones I've read.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
But, But.
I never log in cant see the point when mostly every thing works exept the red flags which work some of the time but not others. Tonight there working fine. ( at the moment) !!

Haydn