Reader's boats

jimi

Visit site
Reader\'s boats

Kim, what do you reckon, could you give us the facility to load a piccie of our boats together with a wee bit of description, spec etc. What does the forum think?

claymore

Visit site
When I was a boy

I thought as a boy
I had a Morris 1000 and no-one could ever overtake me on the Crook road from Kendal to Windermere.
Took me years to realise that no-one was trying to.
A 28 footer overtaking a 34 - harrummph

regards
Claymore

pugwash

Visit site
Can\'t figure out...

...how Twister Ken and other posters manage to include postage stamp pix of their boats. I've seen instructions but I get lost. Could someone spell it out in simple terms? Thanks.

claymore

Visit site
Re: Can\'t figure out...

Right click on the picture of your choice, select properties, copy the url.
Go into your user profile, edit your personal stuff -( the top option) and then paste the url in the your picture section

Cross your fingers
save it
brew up
eat an apple
pray to sungods
contribute to a thread and then look at the whole thread and the picture should be there.

I hope

regards
Claymore

pugwash

Visit site

With you so far, but what if the picture I want to use is a jpeg on my own disk and it doesn't have a URL. How do I give it one? This is where my brain goes into overload.

jimi

Visit site

You need to get it on the web somewhere. I'll Pm you my Email address and if you send it to me as an attachment I'll sort something out for you.

jimi

Visit site
Bugger me

You really are an ugly sod or is that the wtb/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jimi on 24/01/2003 15:53 (server time).</FONT></P>

kds

www.canongrange.co.uk
Re: When I was a boy

So - at last I have met the bloke with the morris who drove down the right hand side and stopped me passing in my 3 wheeler Morgan.
Wasn't that a great bend about 2 miles out of Crook, with the variable camber ?
Ken

Check out some pictures of my boat at;
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.canongrange.co.uk/boat>http://www.canongrange.co.uk/boat</A>

pugwash

Visit site

Haydn -- did what you suggested, posted my picture on page 5 (it's number 119) then copied the URL and stripped it into the right slot on my "personal details" page here. But YBW came up with the message: "Wrong kind of picture". It's a jpeg. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

BrendanS

Visit site

Go back to the site, open the picture (you don't want the thumbnail), and right click on it, then select properties and url. Copy this into your profile

The url you have at the moment is incorrect
file:///c:/My Pictures/Falmouth.jpg
, and points at your c drive on your computer