Raymarine wheel pilot mk1 vs mk2

pandos

Visit site
I have fitted on my boat what I believe is a mk2 wheel pilot system, it is connected to a 6000+controller a Smart Pilot a rudder sensor and a fluxgate compass.

It does not work properly (not helped by my damaging a connection when I relocated it last weekend). I also have a complete older setup which consists of a black wheel drive and a control head with a fluxgate compass.

Does anyone know if I can controll the grey wheel drive unit with the older more basic control head. My worry is that it requires more power or a different voltage?

biscuit

Visit site
My understanding is that the Mk1 (black) and the Mk2 ( grey) wheel unit are interchangeable, insofar as they can both function with the 4000+ control head.
That being so, the older (ST4000) control head should work OK.
I am not familiar with the 6000+, but a visit to the Raymarine Autopilot Forum may help: Raymarine forum.
My experience of the Mk1 system (with the black ST4000 control head) is that it works very well, but even a slight connection fault in ANY part of the system, (even the motor) can upset the whole thing. (The fluxgate compass can be easily checked with an ammeter) Good luck!