Raymarine st 70 autopilot

Pagetslady

Visit site
Hi has anybody managed to get the screen bright enough to see during daylight, once evening approaches the back light comes on and it’s great I have tried all the settings without success if you have a way to turn on the backlight please let me know. Thank you Mike

Boathook

Visit site
I've got a p70s pilot controller and it is bright enough at 80% during the day. Normally brightness is 'controlled' by a quick press of the on / off button that will then bring up an option to adjust the brightness.

KeelsonGraham

Visit site
Absolutely fine for me. IIRC there‘s an override on the Axiom (if that’s what you have) that might be interfering with your demand for more brightness on the individual units. Or one unit can be the master of the other.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I've got a p70s pilot controller and it is bright enough at 80% during the day. Normally brightness is 'controlled' by a quick press of the on / off button that will then bring up an option to adjust the brightness.
I70 / P70 and I70s / P70s are much newer technology though - you'd expect them to be brighter.

The I70s and P70s are the latest models, and I wouldn't be surprised if the screens are AMOLED,

I'd guess the ST70 is about 20 years old, and I'd expect difficulties with readability in bright sunlight.