Ray marine Chart plotter kaput!

LOH

Visit site
I have a es series plotter purchased in 2016 which has stopped working- sent it to raymarine who say the power card has had it and want £1095 plus vat to replace. Then give me a 3 month warranty!!
Any ideas or do I bite the bullet? By the way this model is no longer available and a new model is not compatible with the es on the chart table so that would have to be replaced as well . Cannot afford that!

ashtead

Visit site
And don’t think Garmin are any better -they said a fusion unit from 2016 was unable to be repaired so like many only solution was buying a new unit although not the same price of an axiom replacement.

TempusFugit

Visit site
I have a similar problem. Garmin GPS map 751 touchscreen has decided it doesn't want to work. Its a good device and seems a shame to have to spend between £2000 and £4000 to replace it!

johnalison

Visit site
Ouch. My e7 is now about eight yrs old and it seems I need to keep my fingers crossed. I was lucky in that when mine was a year or two old there was a recall due to faulty touch screens. Although mine was working fine I sent it back as requested and got a whole new unit in exchange.

pvb

Visit site
I installed a C120 on my old boat in 2006. The boat has just come on to the market again, and the C120 is still there. 15 years is fairly good service.

LOH

Visit site
Thank you all for your replies - much appreciated. I shall go to marine electronics.
Thanks again.
David