Queen's funeral, should the Southampton Boat Show close in respect.

Should the Southampton Boat Show close as a mark of respect for the funeral of Queen Elizabeth?

• Yes, the show should close.

Votes: 39 20.1%
  • No, observe a period of silence at midday.

Votes: 101 52.1%
  • No, the show should open as normal.

Votes: 39 20.1%
  • I do not care.

Votes: 15 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WindyWindyWindy

Visit site
Swearing allegiance. I don’t recall ever swearing allegiance to anybody ....

Current version..
I... swear by Almighty God (do solemnly, and truly declare and affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to His Majesty King Charles III, His Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors, and of the (admirals / generals/ air officers) and officers set over me. (So help me God.)

Concerto

Visit site
Today at midday at the Boat Show, I was chatting on the Cruising Association stand. Within a few seconds of the National Anthem starting, everyone fell silent and stood still. It did seem very emotive on the eve of the Queen's funeral.

capnsensible

Visit site
Well I'm sorry you've lost interest. I was going to ask if you'd like some application forms sending.
Strange how some people's view of the military in the UK are rooted in the 19th century. They don't seem to be able to see the difference between ceremonial duties and the normally of a great deal of general service life.

PWLS08

Visit site
Strange how some people's view of the military in the UK are rooted in the 19th century. They don't seem to be able to see the difference between ceremonial duties and the normally of a great deal of general service life.

...and that's just Guards Officers. ;)

Though in fairness the Queen's Company were in Iraq on Ops a fortnight ago.