Propspeed yes or no ???

Bouba

Visit site
Boat was launched this morning…I didn’t do a speed run because it was a little bit choppy and windy and right now we are tied up snuggly in Porquerolles 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

John100156

Visit site
I like others have used various products on my props and shafts in nearly 16 years now in Sant Carles. Velox sent me some free-issue products years ago but it didn't work that well, so reverted back to Trilux-33 which was OK. The boatyard manager went on course end of last year learning how to apply Propspeed, hence my decision to try it this year.

With lifts, 3 days storage ashore, Propspeed, hull AF (Micron-350), anodes to: Hull, shafts, tabs, bow and stern thrusters, Total cost £2,633

The Propspeed materials element - £330. Images as below:

2024-05-17_16-00-17_998.jpg

2024-05-15_09-35-09_585.jpg

Last edited:

Serpico

Visit site
I tried prop-o-drev on my riverboat with twin outdrives. Followed instructions to the letter, even going to the trouble of having the props soda blasted, and cleaned, all with recommended materials. Most at the periphery to the inner third of the props came off, even though only running at 6kts max within 12 months.
Suspect it will work on slow speed props, but not outdrives.
Asked to have Propspeed done on my sea boat again on outdrives, by one of the UK distributors. Was warned off by the C-Eng. who said it will not work. I trust him, although I'm desperate to get something done!
Anyone had success with outdrives?

Bouba

Visit site
I tried prop-o-drev on my riverboat with twin outdrives. Followed instructions to the letter, even going to the trouble of having the props soda blasted, and cleaned, all with recommended materials. Most at the periphery to the inner third of the props came off, even though only running at 6kts max within 12 months.
Suspect it will work on slow speed props, but not outdrives.
Asked to have Propspeed done on my sea boat again on outdrives, by one of the UK distributors. Was warned off by the C-Eng. who said it will not work. I trust him, although I'm desperate to get something done!
Anyone had success with outdrives?
Keep us updated....I am very interested because six knots is my usual speed....and I keep my boat in a river estuary

Serpico

Visit site
I suspect the best route forward is to find someone who will give a guarantee that their work will last. If I were the vendor of any of these products, I would give up if I could not give guarantees. I haven't seen anyone offering, not even the main distributors. Vendors always blame the person who applied the product? I'll bet it's brilliant if/when it adheres properly.

Pleinmont

Visit site
I like others have used various products on my props and shafts in nearly 16 years now in Sant Carles. Velox sent me some free-issue products years ago but it didn't work that well, so reverted back to Trilux-33 which was OK. The boatyard manager went on course end of last year learning how to apply Propspeed, hence my decision to try it this year.

With lifts, 3 days storage ashore, Propspeed, hull AF (Micron-350), anodes to: Hull, shafts, tabs, bow and stern thrusters, Total cost £2,633

The Propspeed materials element - £330. Images as below:

View attachment 177465

View attachment 177466
Wow that's some growth...!!!
Was that before the Propspeed was applied or some time after?