Propane / Gas in Denmark / Sweden

johnalison

Visit site
I last went up the west coast of Sweden about 8 yrs ago and was able to get blue gas at several places. Specifically, they were: Gothenburg, Marstrand and Grebbestad. I believe there were no stockists between the last two and at Grebbestad it was available at a small tourist shop selling souvenirs etc. Grebbestad is worth visiting for being near the Tanumshede rock carvings.

Elsewhere, in Denmark & Germany we have usually been able to source gas without difficulty.

snowleopard

Visit site
By 'blue' bottles I take it you mean Camping Gaz, not Calor?

Yes, it is available but at a hell of a price. I was shocked to have to pay over €31 in Holland. - That was on someone else's boat, I use Calor at something like 1/10th of the price.

Last edited:

johnalison

Visit site
If you only use gas for cooking and otherwise use hot water and kettle from electrical or engine heat it is surprising how long it can last. The size you mention lasts well over a month for us and we don't eat out that often (but don't have cooked breakfast. I've put this in brackets because some people think it is sacrilege).

richardsn9

Visit site
They use propane over there due to the cold weather. We managed to get away by bringing fresh Calor cylinders over when we laid up the boat, and once managed a refill in Goteborg, but really we should have bought local cylinders and changed the regulator. Most gas ovens run on either quite happily, but check first!