pretty disgusting ...

grafozz

Visit site
I have just returned from having a chat with an Italian boat tying next to me in the harbour asking him to put an anchor out and not rely on the very light line on the bottom , when WHOOSH one of his crew discharged the toilet including toilet paper into the harbour right where we were standing !!
this is incredibe that people should do thids inside a harbour !
I asked why he did not use his holding tank , and he replied "I dont have one "

unbelievable in this day !

I told him the police would impound his boat and issue him with a huge fine , he shrugged
bloody disgusting Italian

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I have just returned from having a chat with an Italian boat tying next to me in the harbour asking him to put an anchor out and not rely on the very light line on the bottom , when WHOOSH one of his crew discharged the toilet including toilet paper into the harbour right where we were standing !!

I told him the police would impound his boat and issue him with a huge fine , he shrugged

OK, the toilet flushing in a harbour is disgusting ..... but, assuming that this is stern to / bows to Med mooring then what is this "light line" attached to?

It sounds like a lazy line which just need pulling in to find the mooring line but it's presumably not that simple. :confused:

Richard

sailaboutvic

Visit site

I have to agree with you , it is disgusting especially if he discharge toilet paper too , at less the fish will eat the poo if nothing else .
Re black tanks , there are hundreds and f not thousands that don't have black tanks , some boat just haven't got the room to fit them and f you got to go then you got to go , you not said if there was toilets in the harbour , if there was then he should had used them .
As far as he line goes , as richard said it could be a laze line , in which case there a mooing which is attach to the boat ,
I surprise with the toilet paper , most Med people are use to putting toilet paper in the bin , maybe the crew was British.

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
Firstly my old craft does not have a holding tank; and does not have room to fit one.
So if gotta go I have to flush into the sea. (unless I'm departing within a short length of time)
Only in extreme emergencies would I consider "going" in a small harbour or a marina; and that after having realised the lavatory block is too far to reach in said emergency.

Secondly, doesn't standard loo paper disintegrate and degrade in water?
Just asking.

Seven Spades

Visit site
We chartered in Croatia and used the holding tank and I am pretty sure we are just about the only ones who ever did the seacock was almost seized solid.

Heckler

Visit site

Why did you think it necessary to point out his mooring skills?
Stu

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Was he disgusting because he was Italian or was he just plain disgusting? Because if the former I can give you plenty of examples of disgusting Brits any time.

+1

name a nationality, I can provide countless examples of very, very uneducated behaviours
Unfortunately, idiots are not confined to one nation; would it be the case, we should just ask mmmericans to bomb them and immediately get rid of all ar..holes in the world.
Oh yeah :rol!eyes:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
+1

name a nationality, I can provide countless examples of very, very uneducated behaviours
Unfortunately, idiots are not confined to one nation; would it be the case, we should just ask mmmericans to bomb them and immediately get rid of all ar..holes in the world.
Oh yeah :rol!eyes:
Roberto , for some reason some on these forum seen to think the worst of Italians, we can't figure why ,
we always found Italian to be the most friendly , can't wait to offer you to come on board or pass on good info ,
Maybe they do have a bit of an reputation in places like the Ionian, but then so do many other sailor from different country ..
I rather moor next to an Italian boat any day of the week rather then a boat full of loud month dranks

Visit site
I have to agree with you , it is disgusting especially if he discharge toilet paper too , at less the fish will eat the poo if nothing else .
Re black tanks , there are hundreds and f not thousands that don't have black tanks , some boat just haven't got the room to fit them .

La Roca is a Seamaster Sailer 23 so not much room but I removed the Baby Blake and plumbed in a Porta Potti thus having a mini holding tank which can be discharged in open water if neccesary.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Re black tanks , there are hundreds and f not thousands that don't have black tanks , some boat just haven't got the room to fit them .

La Roca is a Seamaster Sailer 23 so not much room but I removed the Baby Blake and plumbed in a Porta Potti thus having a mini holding tank which can be discharged in open water if neccesary.
If you really want to take this to the limits , why not just have a bucket . :)