Prestige 32 question

trooper

Visit site
Hmm, not got any and can't host them even if I had.
All I will say is I am very very impressed with it. It's only weakness is the grill - because it's shite. Ok, will probably do a toasted cheese sandwich but won't do bacon etc.

Anyway, the model is a daewoo KOC-9Q4T. I did loads of Rea search and it's the smallest full over microwave I could find.
It does microwave, convection oven, grill (badly), combination (convection with MW), has a warming function and self steam cleans.

Buy it here for £90 http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p...MI9ObV_PHP1QIVBbftCh2EEAAGEAQYAiABEgKxavD_BwE

It says don't put it in a cupboard, but I have and it's fine

Thanks for the info Whitelighter, I'll check that one out.

shan

Visit site
UPDATE: I looked at the Daewoo KOC-9Q4T combi microwave - unfortunately, it's too wide, which is a pity. The width of most combi microwaves has ended up being a massive problem. The only ones I could find that were small enough (not many) all had terrible reviews.

I have ended up finding a Dualit mini oven that will work with the dimensions and it also seems to have reasonable reviews. Going to get it this week and hopefully install this weekend. Will update thereafter.

https://www.dualit.com/products/mini-oven

Nisbets look to be the cheapest even with the VAT added on, assuming you can collect and don't incur a delivery fee.

shan

Visit site
One I had not stumbled across. It looks really good. I have not been to Nisbets yet, so, I'll have a closer look. Only worry is the power. I'm pushing my luck with 1300 watts on the other oven. I want it to be able to run off batteries and an inverter and we are going to have to massively up the battery capacity as it is.

RIN

Visit site
Do you need to have it powered from an inverter? I think we spend less than 10 days a year overnighting without shore power and on those evenings we usually eat out or make pasta on the hob

shan

Visit site
It would be preferable but I can make do without it if need be. I used the gas oven on our other boat quite a lot. Probably just need a bit of mental re-calibration.

Momac

Visit site
My chief officer wouldn't let me buy a boat without a gas oven.
I didn't like to argue.

shan

Visit site
Update: Turned the oven on at home and pleased we did. It off-gassed quite a lot - wouldn't want to do that in the boat! The oven gets pretty hot on the outside, so we will have to line the space with some heat proof insulation. Fortunately, we have some heat blanket left from when we line the Porsche bumper. In addition to this, I think we will need to install a fan to shift some of the arm air.

The oven seems pretty reasonable for a doll sized oven. :rolleyes: You could do certainly a small chicken or a guinea fowl without any hassle. It seems to be quite sturdy and robust. Gets to temperature quickly and is fairly simple to understand. I'll update once it has been installed and we have cooked a meal in it.:eek:

LadyJ

Visit site
Old thread but interested in the outcome, any joy with an oven alternative and I’d any progress the gas option. Thanks in advance.

LadyJ

Visit site
Hmm, not got any and can't host them even if I had.
All I will say is I am very very impressed with it. It's only weakness is the grill - because it's shite. Ok, will probably do a toasted cheese sandwich but won't do bacon etc.

Anyway, the model is a daewoo KOC-9Q4T. I did loads of Rea search and it's the smallest full over microwave I could find.
It does microwave, convection oven, grill (badly), combination (convection with MW), has a warming function and self steam cleans.

Buy it here for £90 http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p...MI9ObV_PHP1QIVBbftCh2EEAAGEAQYAiABEgKxavD_BwE

It says don't put it in a cupboard, but I have and it's fine

Hi Whitelighter, just a quick one on your post as hopefully you will have had more use out of the said combination oven/microwave. How has it worked out and would it be possible to fun it off a generator?

Whitelighter

Visit site
Hi Whitelighter, just a quick one on your post as hopefully you will have had more use out of the said combination oven/microwave. How has it worked out and would it be possible to fun it off a generator?

Hi

I used it loads and it works well, apart from the grill which is rubbish.
Dies pizzas etc really well.

We run it off our genset all the time so yes it dies that easily

shan

Visit site
Old thread but interested in the outcome, any joy with an oven alternative and I’d any progress the gas option. Thanks in advance.
We ended up with the "Morphy Richards Rotisserie Mini Oven", ordered from Argos. We have probably used the oven every single time we have been on the boat including at anchor. I refer to it affectionately as the 'doll's oven'. It does work well but as said, it gets pretty hot so, make sure you put in some heat protection and leave ventilation. In retrospect, I still would have preferred a gas oven as they are so convenient (no inverter* or battery issues) but we couldn't find anything that would fit the space.

We have done: roast chicken, roast pork, lamb tagine, beautiful roast potatoes, mixed Mediterranean veg, lasagne, etc, etc, etc (all made from scratch & no packet or bottled sauces) and all have worked beautifully. I have bought a selection of pyrex dishes with plastic lids and the pyrex works perfectly in terms of size and volume in the oven. Just to add, I have managed to cook for 8 on our boat using a combination of the oven and the gas hob.

* We added a dedicated inverter battery because we do use the oven when out and about.

I can't remember if it was mentioned: getting out the old microwave - it's screwed onto a plywood base which is in turn attached by screws only accessible from inside the cabinets below the oven. Get in there with a torch and you'll see what I mean. Not sure if it's the same on the '32 but that's how it's done on the '36

martin99

Visit site
Sorry to ask ld thread but did you need to do any woodworking to make this fit a Prestige 32? Shan here in thread said it wont fit ? Thanks ...or anyone found a micro gas oven at all ?