Powering items on board ...

Refueler

Visit site
There are two 90A/hr Car batterys on board charged by solar (twin 20W) panels paralleled into a single controller ....

Also charged from the 170hp VP engine via the standard alternator ... probably a 50A .... doesn't look like a replacement larger unit.

The batterys have individual main isolator key switches ... either battery on own or together can power anything / start engine ... .

So being a motor boat - how far would it be normal to set power of items up to the battery bank as is - allowing power when engine on and off ...

I'm thinking Vevor Fridge box mainly - I do like my coldies !
Fan in cabin (not AC .. just air mover)
Music of course ... nothing over the top ... just a reasonable multi source player and some speakers.

Instruments of course - GPS / Depth / Speed

I know its a basic list - but the question is due to the likely use of the boat as a river day tripper and for fishing weekends. I would expect the engine - being MoBo - to charge up batterys quite quickly .. the solar to at least extend the use of battery bank when engine off ...

The only Lithium I would use - would be LiPo's charged ashore to power small items ... I have no intention to change on-board batterys to Lithium based.

paradave

Visit site
I’d swap an engine battery for a leisure.
I’ve got two Leisure’s in my camper - get 4 days solid fridge and lighting use.

Refueler

Visit site
The engine ... 3.0L AQ170 ... takes a lot to start from cold ... no choke or cold start system .. which makes me reluctant to swap any for a Leisure version.

It may be an idea to add an extra battery - say a Leisure or Deep Cycle ..