Pothia, Kalymnos

Cspirit

Visit site
I'm investigating the possibility of leaving the boat on the quay in Pothia. As you probably know, it's a secure place and I have seen boats left there for some time. However, I would only be happy doing this if I can arrange guardiannage. Does anyone have a contact for this? Thanks, Bob

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I'm investigating the possibility of leaving the boat on the quay in Pothia. As you probably know, it's a secure place and I have seen boats left there for some time. However, I would only be happy doing this if I can arrange guardiannage. Does anyone have a contact for this? Thanks, Bob
Bob for peace of mind , check with your insurance company first we know of two boat that been damage why left of different quay in the hands of guardian and the insureance wasn't happy , not sure if they payed out .
What. Can tell you. A mate of mind want to leave it on an pontoon in Nirdi And his insurance wouldn't have any of it .
It worth a phone call

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
The quay is pretty much untenable in a fresh - strong southerly, of which we have had quite a few in recent years. I would not be happy leaving a boat there unattended unless I was certain of the weather. The small quay in the SW corner looks better but is always full when we visit and seems to be a spiders' web of mooring lines.