Positioning fuel hand primer bulb?

PetiteFleur

Visit site
After fuel filter changes it takes ages to pump fuel through the filters using the hand lever on the engine fuel pump. Beta 25hp. Thinking of fitting a bulb type hand pump but where is the place to fit? It would be easy to fit in the flexible fuel pipe from the primary filter to the engine - just cutting the pipe and fitting the bulb. Or should it go before the primary filter, which would be more difficult to fit as it is copper tubing from tank to filter - or maybe fit a flexible pipe from tank to filter?

Daydream believer

Visit site
My system has a flexible fuel line between the first & second filters. The bulb is inserted in that.
I do not try to fill filters from a jug as it could mean spilled fuel, plus dirt bypassing the filter & getting further up the fuel line.
Having a flexible fuel line suits me, because my first filter is mounted on studs. I can disconnect the tank from the fuel line & remove the filter from its mounting. Then hold the filter over a bucket to change the CAV/Delphi filter with ease. This is because my filter is mounted in an awkward position.
The bulb is more than powerfull enough to push fuel right through the system when re assembled.

srm

Visit site
After fuel filter changes it takes ages to pump fuel through the filters using the hand lever on the engine fuel pump. Beta 25hp. Thinking of fitting a bulb type hand pump but where is the place to fit? It would be easy to fit in the flexible fuel pipe from the primary filter to the engine - just cutting the pipe and fitting the bulb. Or should it go before the primary filter, which would be more difficult to fit as it is copper tubing from tank to filter - or maybe fit a flexible pipe from tank to filter?

A simple search would have found this concurrent thread:
Electric fuel pump

Probably covers all you need to know and more.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Thanks everyone.
As tjbrace says, I think I'll fit between the primary filter and the engine pump which seems a quick solution in my case and works. I've also removed my original CAV filter as it was a PITA to change and fitted a screw-on filter - much better, quicker and no spilt fuel - just hold a container underneath as I unscrew it. I think ideally it should be between the tank and primary filter and I'll check when I go down this week and see if it's possible.