Portsmouth to Malta

tamarind

Visit site
Wondering the best/ cheapest way to get a 12.5 metre motorboat to Malta, either road to Italy then sail the rest or ship?

maxy

www.perfect-sailing.com
I don't know about Italian roads, but Germany is an expensive route for haulage with the permits. We would use BoatShift in Dover to move yachts by road to the south of France and then you would have a six hundred mile sail to Malta via Sardinia. Give Simon a call, he has vast experience and very good reputation. His website has a lot of planning information which you may find useful. http://www.boat-shift.com (not connected, we just know him as a customer)

Tranona

Visit site
Agree, South of France and then by sea. Also recommend Simon at Boat Shift. An alternative might be by sea - try Peters and May.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
There are self-loading ships that a boat can float onto, like a floating dock.. These ships then pump out, close the doors and sail to various places. Dutch operated I believe. Google for routes. Any on these forums have transported their boats this way. Caribbean return or pirate avoidance from Thailand are popular routes. There are others.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Wondering the best/ cheapest way to get a 12.5 metre motorboat to Malta, either road to Italy then sail the rest or ship?

I suspect it could be worth contacting http://www.augizeau.online.fr/ Murielle speaks English. .. Her email is m.dubelle@altead.com. because if you took the boat across the channel yourself then had it lifted by a French transport company you would save a load of Ferry fares and the French move their boats by road more than we do...