Poll . Do you sometimes wear pygamas on the boat ?

Do you sometimes wear pygamas on your boat ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 37 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
I have two pairs for the boat. One pair being lightweight and one pair winter weight.

At the moment, I think the whole household are still wearing them.

Surely, it's part of being British .

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
I wear shorts/t-shirt pyjamas so I can wander on deck without putting the rest of the anchorage off their breakfast .... once had an altercation with 2 elderly, Germans (who were obviously fond of their Würst and Bier) on a small motorboat who were convinced I'd laid my anchor over theirs .... I was 15m clear at least ..... but the memory of the two of them standing on their foredeck stark bollock naked, screaming their heads off lives on. :sick:

rogerthebodger

Visit site
No never it mostly too damn hot

In summer then only thing I have on is the Fan and no bed cloths

At home also no pyjamas also and in the summer we have the aircon on

Last edited:

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I wear shorts/t-shirt pyjamas so I can wander on deck without putting the rest of the anchorage off their breakfast .... once had an altercation with 2 elderly, Germans (who were obviously fond of their Würst and Bier) on a small motorboat who were convinced I'd laid my anchor over theirs .... I was 15m clear at least ..... but the memory of the two of them standing on their foredeck stark bollock naked, screaming their heads off lives on. :sick:
I am the same, for similar reasons. You never know, on a boat, if you’ll be needed on deck with 15 seconds notice. What would Bear Gryls say?

Supertramp

Visit site
I am the same, for similar reasons. You never know, on a boat, if you’ll be needed on deck with 15 seconds notice. What would Bear Gryls say?
I sleep in a set of thermal underwear. Straight onto deck if needed, with or without waterproofs. And boots ready to go next to the bunk. Have been known to live in them for 24 hours!

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
PJs stop sweat soiling the sheets or duvet if hot and keep me warm if cold. Last night Navigator needed a shawl as well.

Just as importantly, if I need to attend to anchor or warp in a hurry them I would sooner be clothed. I remember anchor dragging due to own fault in Barry Harbour and unexpectedly looking up at pier, so shooting on deck in the nude I was so glad no one was there to see my naked error

steveeasy

Visit site
PJs, shorts, pants, what ever next. Think I’ll dodge the question. Sleeping arrangements can really change from a warm sunny night on a pontoon berth to sleeping after a dramatic tiring sail. Let’s not forget winter nights at -10, in that instance I’ve been known to sleep with sails as additional bedding. Needs must.
Steveeasy

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
It has to be bloody cold for me to wear just a light tee shirt for sleeping on the boat.

I dont own any PJ's, not since I was a child.

I sleep naked, have done since I left home.

First Mate has a dressing gown on the boat and always wears until she is washed and dressed.

We have summer and winter duvets, never cold sleeping on board.

Stemar

Visit site
In northern France we were once berthed next to a blue ensign jobbie who appeared in a silk dressing gown with a cup and saucer.
Absolutely the thing to do if you're aboard something like this

sakonnet-a-75-footer-built-by-chance-marine-construction-in-annapolis-was-wilsons-dream-boat-in-her-time-with-wilson-she-served-as-recording-studio-treasure-hunting-vessel-and-gourmet-dinner-cruise-ve.webp

One simply has to maintain standards,,,