Plug for Torqeedo 12v charging lead

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
I see. Thanks.
So I should be OK to plug in and try the 12v charging lead I have made? (Provided I have got the polarity right, of course.)

Should be easy to figure out the polarity.. check the mains charger plug, then check your one. If the polarity on both is the same I reckon you should be good to go (y)

Apart from that, I am passing no comment on whether or not a lead you have made is fit for purpose as I don't want you to sue me later :oops::ROFLMAO:

Poignard

Visit site
Should be easy to figure out the polarity.. check the mains charger plug, then check your one. If the polarity on both is the same I reckon you should be good to go (y)

Apart from that, I am passing no comment on whether or not a lead you have made is fit for purpose as I don't want you to sue me later :oops::ROFLMAO:
Yes I have got the polarity right. Centre pin +ve.

jfkal

Visit site
This is fine as long as you charge indoors. The original has a weather proof type of connector. You can also buy one from Sunware, cut off the solar panel connector and add the cigarette lighter type.
As to the voltages. The port is bi directional as you can plug in that USB dongle, that is why you see the 5V and not the 29 from the pack :)).

Poignard

Visit site
This is fine as long as you charge indoors. The original has a weather proof type of connector. You can also buy one from Sunware, cut off the solar panel connector and add the cigarette lighter type.
As to the voltages. The port is bi directional as you can plug in that USB dongle, that is why you see the 5V and not the 29 from the pack :)).
Thanks for that helpful information.

As my only cigarette lighter socket is at the chart table I had assumed I would remove the battery and charge it there. However, it would be useful to have a weatherproof connector as you suggest in case I decide to fit a cig. lighter socket in the cockpit. I have had a look at the Sunware website but I can't find the weatherproof connector. Do you have a part number, or can you give me a link to it, please?

Fimacca

Visit site
I plan to use my load spare on my victron solar mppt unit to put some juice into this same battery. During the day obvs !!
Any issue with that ?