Please:Please sell me a Yacht !!!!

chrisgee

Visit site
These Main agents and brokers must be doing very well. Rang them over two weeks ago re a yacht they had for sell. Guy I spoke to didn`t seem to know much about it so I waited and he puts me on to someone else.He did not know why there were not any details of the yacht on their website " it may be new on the books" I`ll get someone to email you the details.
Over two weeks pass and I get no email with the details but then someone else is on the phone asking about my original enquiry as (he) had been on holiday.
Explained that no one had sent details in his absence and he said he would now do so. He also asked if I would be interested in a new yacht as they had some v good deals on.
I said ok and would he email me with details.That was four days ago and guess what?

No details of the used boat or the new ones he was so keen to sell.
Is it any wonder the business is in the state it`s in -- what`s wrong with these so called yacht brokers -- are they lazy , inept, arrogant , or all all three?
Business must be great ( though I doubt it very much in this climate) they can be so lax. Needless to say I`ll probably buy from a foreign dealer instead /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

carlton

Visit site
Did you give them a telephone number too ? Could be worth giving them a ring to check they noted your e-mail address properly. It's a common area for errors.

If none of the above applies, look somewhere else for a boat !

carlton

Visit site
Ooops. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bart-simpson-generator-1.gif

Slow_boat

My own cosy little world where nice things happen
Visit site
I've been doing the rounds of brokers recently and have found vastly different levels of service.

One bloke was obviously having a bad day, he was grumpy as can be whilst showing us a 35 footer. SWMBO made a very slight objection in the hope that he would break into sales mode and show us round but he just grunted 'Okay' and disappeared down the ladder. Others couldn't be bothered to send details through the post, or knew nothing about the boats on their books. I know that one didn't even communicate an offer to the owner, who it turned out was the friend of a bloke I know.

The boat I am in the process of buying was at a very helpful and efficient (so far)brokers but I won't speak to soon!

yelbis

Visit site
If you are interested in a particular boat and the agent is lapse as you describe, why not mention the vessel on the forum. You may get an introduction to the owner directly. it is no sin in doing so if the agent is not representing thier client.

AlJones

atsailing.com
That Pisses me off. I'm trying to sell one of our yachts at the mo via a broker, please pm me the name of the broker, because if it is the same broker he can shove his commission right up his jacksy!!!

This is not an advert BTW.

But take it as one if you are looking for a nice yacht!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Would be truely pissed if it is our broker!!

Al.

Norman_E

Visit site
I think that is about par for the course. When I was trying to buy brokers sent me details of boats that had been sold long ago. In one case I asked if a boat a West Country broker sent me details of was one which I had seen a year before in La Rochelle. Nearly two weeks went by before they told me that the boat had been sold, and was the same one. Evidently they had it on their books, but had never actually seen it themselves. The only UK brokers who gave me good service were Kings at Bucklers Hard.

chrisgee

Visit site
I can`t tell you that , I might get clipped round the ear !!
Go on then ---- what are you selling and ( roughly) where is your broker?

chrisgee

Visit site
Breath a sigh of relief ---it`s not the tossers I was in contact with.
I`m looking for something a bit more cruisy but good luck with your sale

PeterGibbs

Visit site
Most areas will have at least one "leading" broker, who knows his stuff and comes back sharpish. Here, it's Clarke and Carter, and they paid me not a penny to say that.

Too many brokers are now descending to the status of marine advertising agents - part time or whatever - which is what you get on the web. For a lot less. So why pay these monkeys 8% +VAT? Beats me.

Always sold privately. Always will.

PWG