Pick the communal brain

keithgdg

Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen,
Having spent the last three years sailing around and generally mucking about in my boat I have finally found my route to Nydri and the surrounding area for this summer, hurray! However, I have a small dilemma and wish to pick the brains of the knowledgeable. So I will ask a question in three parts.
I need a Marina for the winter months that:

A) is able to provide me with a two month lift out to dry the old girl out a bit and re-antifoul and such.
B) is able to provide me with a mooring when in the water.
C) close to an airport that I can use to fly back to Blighty during the winter months on the odd occasion.

Any thoughts or advice will be gratefully received, thanks.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Gouvia is close to Corfu Airport, Cleopatra is very close to Preveza Airport, Lefkas a little further away from Preveza Airport.
All have their up and downsides, we are in Gouvia, not the cheapest but very convenient and quite quiet. All the services required are at hand, plenty of choice between contractos if you wish work doing, supermarket 5 minutes walk away and a smaller one in the marina itself. Plenty of bars and restaurants around both in the marina and outside and it has a free swimming pool, although there is a charge for sunbeds. 15 minute bus ride to Corfu town.

Last edited: