Perkins HT6.354

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Interested in recommendations for engineer au fait with the HT6.354 UK south coast area.

Possibly running out of time to do some work and looking for someone who won't need to spend the first four hours looking with head canted to one side trying to suss out the layout of Formanda's horizontal Perkins.

burgundyben

Visit site
Try Mike Wills in Poole, he knows the 6354 inside out, not so sure about the HT variant as the upright. Mike looks after many of the solent fairey fleet so he's had to know about 6354s.

What's up?

Know my way round them a bit..ish.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
In a boat few people of heard of, a Beecham 45.

Crawl-in engineromm, dominated by a pair of these beasties.

At the core they seem sound and they burble along very nicely but unfortunately they have discovered that I, as a (relatively) new owner will spend money on them and so they are systematically throwing up various bolt-on bits for repair at the moment.

burgundyben

Visit site
Oh.

Not so good.

I think one of the key problems today with the HT is lack of availabiity of exhaust manifolds....hopefully I am wrong about this.

The T6354 manifold is a grand inc vat and fitting kit. God knows about the HT. You might try the USA.

All 6354 spares from Perkins now distributed by www.diperk.co.uk

miket

Visit site
Hi Kim
No info on Ht 6354's but I was interested when you mentioned the name of the boat!
Formanda was built for an old friend of my parents Roydon and Helen Barstow and was their last boat, following a long succession of Bates Starcraft and 2 Sealion 40's.
They were very pleased with the boat which was, I believe, horribly expensive for the year.
They cruised quite widely in it, centring on the Deauville area, of which they were very fond.
When new she was a beautifully fitted out boat and the Barstows were fussy but knowledgeable owners.
Good luck with her.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
new manifold are available from perkins via diperk, though they are a buch of to**ers no one ever phones back, might have part no of it if you req.

Other threads that may be of interest