Pegasus 800

Ed_hay

Visit site
Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a Pegasus 800 no.6 and of course it has no rudder due to being left on a mooring unattended for some years, can anyone please help with maybe a pattern or a replacement from a donor Pegasus 800 thank you all so much in advance.

TomK

Visit site
Hey, search Facebook for the Pegasus yacht owners club.

Where are you based? Most are on the Norfolk broads, but plenty around the UK. I have no 151, but it’s in the water so I can’t help you with a pattern for the rudder right now.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I don't know if it would be of any help at all, but some 10 years or so ago the moulds for the Pegasus 800 had ended up with Kingsley Farrington, boatbuilder, at Whitlingham, Norwich. He wasn't building any of them at the time, but presumably had drawings for parts. Sadly, Kingsley is now deceased and the yard has been closed. Another Norfolk boatyard may have acquired the moulds, etc.

Ed_hay

Visit site
Hey, I’m based in the southwest, yes I’ve been looking around. I have joined the Pegasus owners club on facebook but still looking through the threads as suggested by one of the admin.

Ed_hay

Visit site
I don't know if it would be of any help at all, but some 10 years or so ago the moulds for the Pegasus 800 had ended up with Kingsley Farrington, boatbuilder, at Whitlingham, Norwich. He wasn't building any of them at the time, but presumably had drawings for parts. Sadly, Kingsley is now deceased and the yard has been closed. Another Norfolk boatyard may have acquired the moulds, etc.
Wow I will try them thank you so much.

chris-s

Visit site
Hey, I’m based in the southwest, yes I’ve been looking around. I have joined the Pegasus owners club on facebook but still looking through the threads as suggested by one of the admin.
We use to have a Pegasus 700 which has a similar rudder I’m sure. The rudder is a simple affair shaped from hardwood. The leading edge is shaped to fit around the 25mm stainless rudder shaft which had a triangular tang at the top which slotted into the rudder. There was then a shaped length of wood that ‘covered’ the rudder shaft and was glued into place.
There is a little bit more to it but not much. I probably have a shed load of photos if it is of any help.

IMG_0673.jpeg