Parraffin

G

Can anyone tell me why this fuel is going up in price when there must be worlds biggest lake of it at the mo (av-gas) , the hardware shop in Emsworth is doing it at £4.25 for 4 litres.
captcliveus

ccscott49

Visit site
AV-GAS, is aviation gasoline (Petrol!) AV-TUR is aviation turbine (high grade parraffin) never could remember how many r's and f's If it's AV-GAS, I'll have about 10000 gals at that price!

Geoffs

Visit site
I think you'll find that it's because it is sold by local hardware shops in small quantities, and each link in the supply chain wants to make a heafty profit. Most oil companies have pulled out of selling it at service stations, you don't get the Esso Blee Dooler any more.

G

Is it about time it should included in almanacs that it getting hard to get in the UK and it is expenive. Inspite of all those grounded jumbo jets not guzzling av-parra. it must be going somewhere. Anyone know where i can buy 20 gallons of the stuff?

SNAPS

Visit site
B&q have a regular supply, especially at this time of uear for greenhouse heaters.
it's a bit dear but not as much as the price quoted and it burns just as hot as the marine variety.

JACKTAR

G

saw 4 litres @ £3.89 the other day almost working up to pound a litre.
cheapest has been 5litres for £2 but bring your own container, in a hardware shop. Someone is is making a packet somewhere.