Paris via Seine

DAKA

Visit site
I am thinking of taking my daughter to Euro Disney next year and it would be helpful to gain comments from anyone who has done this please.

We have been with MBM who held our hands and booked us fuel tankers and berths in otherwise inaccessible marinas.

Has anyone managed it without MBM support or did you notice any where to stop on route ?

I really need a list of over night stops and diesel berths (PK numbers would be helpful)

I dont expect much of a response on this but as we have 6 months to plan please dont be put off posting a late reply.

nedmin

Visit site
Hi. I came out of the Oise, about 20mls downstream of Paris 4yrs ago and there was no white diesel,between there and Paris,they will sell you red just upsteam of the Paris Arsenal,but be careful as the river police HQ is nearby.I had to get fuel so chanced it.I was that concerned about getting caught that when I set off I forgot about the flow of the river, but thats another story! If you stay in the arsenal its best if you book,I have the tel.no. somewhere.Well worth staying.If you get time have a look at our new boat hoist,its a cracking job.

tcm

Visit site
Eurodisney Re: Paris via Seine

Yep, i've been.

I have to say that it's a bit dull really, and although i quite enjoyed Breakfast with Mickey some of the rides like "it's a small world" are dull unless you are under three yeaqrs old and even then a bit of a dim 3 year old. We stayed in the fairly posh or posh option, forgotten the name, where all the wmen are dresed like Mrs Tiggywinkle. The Heating failed so swmbo gave the manager who was dressed as Louis XIV a bad time and got the second night free. You can get diesel on the Autoroute, of course. Also the "Jardin D'Acclimatation" in the Bois de Boulogne on the other side of Paris is more fun so perhaps do that on the second day. I have taken kids back to paris many times and nevr been bugged to go to Eurodisney a second time.

Hope this helps. Well, bits of it.

jimg

Visit site
Yep, did it a couple of years ago, fuel is available now and I dig out my log and post some details when I get the chance.

zazu

Visit site
Went to Paris via Seine in May this year. Great adventure. Plan to repeat it in 2008. Not many fuel stops and Navicarte can be out of date. However there is fuel at Rouen (PK239). We had enough to take us from Poole to Rouen so we avoided Le Havre and stayed at Honfleur. Leave Honfleur at LW plus 2hrs and you will carry the tide nicely to Rouen.

We also refuelled at PK 121 Port de l'illon. This was enough to get us to Paris and back to refuelling point at Rouen. Average price 1.40 Euros per litre. Make sure you stop at Vernon (port side) and walk to Monet's house. This was the highlight of the trip for us. Paris Arsenal marina excellent and right in centre of city. Berthing fees half the price of Cowes! Have fun.

blueglass

Visit site
Did this trip from Poole in May this year. Great.
Best route is to maximise red diesel by going along south coast to Brighton and then refuel for crossing to Fecamp or Le Havre. This also gives you a direct crossing with shipping lanes at 90deg. without course deviations. Fuel available at both those. Then nothing until the fuel barge about 3km upstream from Rouen. After that we also refueled at Poissy (Port st louis port de Plaisance) bit of a dump but cheap enough.
We really enjoyed the trip - well worth it. Paris Arsenal is excellent.
I have a thread on here covering the whole trip with pics - search it under "Poole to Istanbul" (phase 1) if you want some more insight.

gosh

Visit site
White diesel fuel barge now stationed at Charenton, about 4 miles upstream of Arsenal Marina. Did it this year and Arsenal bemoaning the fact that they were half empty most of the season. If you have a big enough tank (say 500lt+) you can get a tanker out to fill you up. Have done that several times.

DAKA

Visit site
Thank you for all your responses.

I didnt expect many replies but yet again I have been pleasantly surprised by the depth of knowledge with in the forum, and all quality replies.

I have printed all replies and will start to cross reference in the Navicart.

I was particularly concerned about berths/fuel between Rouen and Paris , I think Port de L'illon helps plug this gap.

I'll read bluegrass' report and will hopefully find some more stop overs, if anyone knows of any more they will be helpful please to me and anyone else reading this.

JEG

Visit site
Re Arsenal

In May it was crowded - three days on that mooring until berth holder returns then two days, etc.. When were you there?

John G

gosh

Visit site
John G

Mid to end July. They were bemoaning the fact that the whole season had been about 30% down on previous years. There is a new quay at Eiffel (cheaper) and we had no difficulty there either. We started at Arques at end of May to Paris via Belgium and Peronne and found it quieter than usual. No problem getting into any of the Marinas or visitors pontoons. Only problem South of Paris to Losne was the charter boats tied up at all the good places.

DAKA

Visit site
The Quay at Eiffel sounds interesting.
Hows the wash and what about drunks and noise at night ?

I think the Arsenal is safer and I dont mind having to change berths but it would nice to miss the lock out.

Piers

www.playdeau.com
Last time we were in Paris we stayed at the Eiffel quay. It's on S side of the river and inside the Isle of Swans (?) so v little traffic. In comparison with Arsenal we found it far, far better. No rubbish in the water, not smelly, not a 'heat bowl', no rattling trains to keep you awake at night. Being so close to the Eiffel etc was great.

We couldn't stop at Vernon because the pontoon is so crowded with commercial site seeing pleasure barges. But we stayed a few nights at Les Andelys which was simply stunning. If you draught is too much for the luttle marina, you can stay at the pilings a couple of hundred metres downstream opposite the hotel for free - not the barge mooring next to the marina, but the small pilings thereafter.

From Les Andelys we hired a car and toured to Monet's house, and La Roche-Guyon, Rommel's HQ. Quite magnificent. What a chateau, and what a climb inside the chalk cliff to the old ruin at the top. See here