Paris marina knowledge please

jmnapier

Visit site
Hi. I’m hoping to go to Paris in our Nelson 40 in early July. The Marina Arsenal (with which I am familiar) requires a holding tank. What is the next nearest marina to Paris where a holding tank is not ‘obligatoire’? Many thanks Jonathan

Motor_Sailor

Visit site
Parts of the Seine are being used for events at this summer’s Olympics. If independent testing shows the water is polluted then all the arrangements will be thrown into turmoil. As a result, the French authorities have cracked down on any sewage dumping boats anywhere near Paris at the moment.

Gibeltarik

Visit site
Parts of the Seine are being used for events at this summer’s Olympics. If independent testing shows the water is polluted then all the arrangements will be thrown into turmoil. As a result, the French authorities have cracked down on any sewage dumping boats anywhere near Paris at the moment.
LINK - Try Port Cergy on the Oise

harvey38

Visit site
Hi. I’m hoping to go to Paris in our Nelson 40 in early July. The Marina Arsenal (with which I am familiar) requires a holding tank. What is the next nearest marina to Paris where a holding tank is not ‘obligatoire’? Many thanks Jonathan
Tell us of your plans, it sounds interesting, are you leaving from the UK?

Shifty

Visit site
Visited the Paris Arsenal last week, big change from when we last went some 20 years ago, lots of fairly down at heel live aboards.

jmnapier

Visit site
Tell us of your plans, it sounds interesting, are you leaving from the UK?
Hi. Sorry, missed this. Yes, leave from the Solent to Le Havre and then up the Seine. We did it in the early 90s but have forgotten most of the details now! The Olympics are putting us off a bit as Paris would be busy normally even without them. Cheers

Irish Rover

Visit site
At the risk of appearing rude, I'd have thought any boat travelling internationally should have a holding tank, as a matter of courtesy. It can't be that difficult to fit one.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
I'd advise to book anything well in advance, during those two summer months any accomodation price is sky rocketing: in private places one bed in central Paris is now going say 300-1k+ euro a night. I doubt any place at a driving distance from the town will be immune to that price rise/availability.

jbweston

Visit site
I'd advise to book anything well in advance, during those two summer months any accomodation price is sky rocketing: in private places one bed in central Paris is now going say 300-1k+ euro a night. I doubt any place at a driving distance from the town will be immune to that price rise/availability.
You'd think the Olympics would drive away most visitors rather than attracting more. Possibly the problem is all the people that have to be there to run the events and work with the teams.

SumTin

Visit site
Can you not just close off the seacock for the bog and carry a portapotti to keep them happy?
FYI have just been refused a booking at Port de l'Arsenal (Paris) as my boat does not have a Grey Water Tank although it does have Black Water Holding Tank. I did ask if I could simply temporarily disconnect the supplies of promise not to use for the short stay but to no avail....

SumTin

Visit site
Visited the Paris Arsenal last week, big change from when we last went some 20 years ago, lots of fairly down at heel live aboards.

Did you have grey water holding tank or connection from sinks etc to black water? (They've just refused my berthing request as don't have grey water tank)​