Paleros Service is to Bad

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I suggest you look again. I put 'Paleros' into the search box and found at least half a dozen adverse comments on the first page. A couple were from Chris Robb as you say but all the others were from a variety of folk.

My experience was with the quote that Meyer gave me which was a cosmetic job only ( the yard was paying). My surveyor would not accept that they did the job, and I ended up moving the boat to Aktion in the November of that year, where Les of Ionian composites did a proper job. Meyer was pretty unpleasant especially when I bumped into him in Levkas marina early the next year. But then my complaints along with many others helped remove them from Messolonghi. He has left a trail of destruction with previous partners who I have met so not hearsay.

The reason I was sceptical of his original repair plan was from several references from customers who had had a bad experience (I gave a dossier to Meesolonghi). My Surveyor also wanted me to move the boat. In addition I saw hull damage being repaired on another boat next to mine in Messy with a badly delaminated side - they just used filler faired off, gelled, job done! Thats what they quoted to do for my damaged bottom:disgust:

Would I do business with him again- NEVER

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Something to be said for that, but not the way you said it. Personally I do 99% of mine, welding and sail repairs the 1%, and in addition to courses there is a whole library of experience and advice right here, my experience here has been just ask and thou shalt receive in spades.

We all loved Charles Swallow but he disappeared 2 years ago believed drowned off Corfu. His post raised most people heckles and were great fun - we will miss him.