Over-winter in Denmark

Sea_Lark

Visit site
We are considering sailing to the Baltic this summer and leaving the boat there to sail back at the end of the following summer. Can anyone recommend a place to leave the boat ashore and give a guide to cost (9m triple keel yacht, so no cradle required) preferably in Denmark, but would also consider west coast of Sweden or the German Baltic coast?

Thanks, Keith

mollyoxford

Visit site
ooh, we are thinking of Baltic-ing this summer too. Not staying overwinter though, so I am afraid I am no help there. Promise to give you a wave if we spot you! Kirsty

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
The Cruising Association knows the Baltic like the back of its hand and, amongst other Balticy* things, it publishes a winter lay-up directory covering the whole region. Of course, you have to be a member...

*sailing directions, local reps, rallies, reciprocal memberships, etc.

alant

Visit site
We are considering sailing to the Baltic this summer and leaving the boat there to sail back at the end of the following summer. Can anyone recommend a place to leave the boat ashore and give a guide to cost (9m triple keel yacht, so no cradle required) preferably in Denmark, but would also consider west coast of Sweden or the German Baltic coast?

Thanks, Keith

Try Rodby (Across from Putgarden, Germany, on ferry Fermanbelt) or Romo (bit more remote - near Sylt on North sea coast).
Both secure harbours.

huzar30

Visit site
I have overwintered for the last two years at the Marina Neuhof, near Stralsund. 750 euro for a 30 foot boat - lift out, scrub, winter ashore, relaunch.

Pye_End

Visit site
Had to leave my boat there for a few weeks some years ago and chose Fredericia as it was walking distance to station, train to Esbjerg, then ferry to Harwich.

Once over there I don't think that you will find any shortage of places to take her out.

richardsn9

Visit site
We spent two winters at Juelsminde on Jutland - convenient for both ferry, and also fast rail link to Copenhagen. The overall costs water to water, including mast removal, engine service and secure undercover storage came to about £1500.

Would recommend undercover storage if you can get it as even around Easter time Denmark is very cold and it was great to do the varnishing/antifouling etc in a shed!

There are lots of overwintering options. We just hired a car for a day, chatted to a few harbourmasters and found several options to choose from quite easily.

fblc

Visit site
Denmark

Hello evrybody,

Do you know if it could be possible to find a marina with no ice near Copenhagen ?

If not do you know good place to leave a boat ashore with the mast steped (it dislike unstep the mast) ?

Fabrice

Other threads that may be of interest