Ostende and red diesel - BEWARE

sailorman

Visit site
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm on the east coast
Do not come here often but possibly not welcome !!
Looks like I will have to go back to arguing with Nick C & his club dismissal in reader to reader
Belgian clubs get to use "Royal" after 50 years since inauguration. The NSYC - was formed in 1946 / 7

The North Sea Yacht Club was established in the winter of 1946 – 1947 by a group of young enthusiasts sailing Snipes and Papillons. The then Lord Mayor of Ostend, Henri Serruys, put the Montgomery dock at the disposal of the Club and with the Commodore Georges Timmermans DSC at the helm, this great yacht Club was born.

apollo

Visit site
Some mates of mine got boarded in Niewpoort this morning and threatened with the 2000 euro fine. They got let off this time but customs are still on a mission....Thats a pain as we were hoping to go to Belgium in July, :(

Boz

Visit site
Some mates of mine got boarded in Niewpoort this morning and threatened with the 2000 euro fine. They got let off this time but customs are still on a mission....Thats a pain as we were hoping to go to Belgium in July, :(

Would it be possible for one of them or yourself to describe the circumstances, there are many on here that doubt there is a potential problem?

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Would it be possible for one of them or yourself to describe the circumstances, there are many on here that doubt there is a potential problem?

+1 in that I do think there's a potential problem but more first hand accounts would help us understand how big a problem it is.

apollo

Visit site
They were boarded by 2X Customs in Niewpoort, just inside the canal system- asked to see all ships papers including SSR, VHF, CEVNI ie very thorough and they said they have a new boss and law is still no red in tanks. They were not dipping tanks today but they did say if folks go again they will be dipped and possibly fined. You have been warned. (RYA has been contacted)

Javelin

www.Southwoldboatyard.co.uk
Nuts, I was hoping they would be busy looking after other stuff rather than this.
Had a chat with Belgian today visiting us on his HR, he was very thankful that Southwold had a white diesel pump.
However when I asked him if he could update me on the latest situation he just said,
"as long as you smile and have all your documents, there is no problem"
he then added, "A friend of mine was fined because his lifejackets were out of date but he likes to argue....."

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Cevni?????

You don't need it to visit Nieuwpoort surely? (It's not an inland waterway, it's a coastal port unless I'm completely mad :))