Orwell antifoul

Champagne Murphy

Visit site
Went to the boat yesterday after a 3 week gap (kids, sick dog etc). Staggered down the river feeling as though we were towing several lobster pots and pulled into Levington to fuel. Had a scrape around with a brush and found a very healthy growth of shellfish underneath.
Now I don't want to seem ungrateful to the nice scientists at Seajet but I can't help but feel I'm being sold a pup at £100 a pop for Emperor. I might as well have put gravy on the damn thing.
What is the experience of others?
What's the consensus on he best stuff? PLEASE, nothing involving chilli powder or emulsion!:mad:

sailorman

Visit site
Went to the boat yesterday after a 3 week gap (kids, sick dog etc). Staggered down the river feeling as though we were towing several lobster pots and pulled into Levington to fuel. Had a scrape around with a brush and found a very healthy growth of shellfish underneath.
Now I don't want to seem ungrateful to the nice scientists at Seajet but I can't help but feel I'm being sold a pup at £100 a pop for Emperor. I might as well have put gravy on the damn thing.
What's the consensus on he best stuff? PLEASE, nothing involving chilli powder or emulsion!:mad:

i am using jotun again some slime no growth @ wl been in since march

shmoo

Visit site
Used to use Cruiser Uno. Worked for the year we spent on a swinging mooring outside SYH and then couple of years inside on a finger also (but worked a bit less well inside I feel). The boat stayed in the water the whole time, and would come out for a weekend about Whitsun for a pressure wash and anti-foul. By then it was bit agricultural but most of that will have grown after Easter as the water warmed up and previous year's A/F had been more or less ablated away.

Best A/F performance we got was when we were in the Tidemill at the top of the Deben. The water trapped behind the cill must be like A/F soup.

johnalison

Visit site
I'm not sure that it always matters what antifoul you use. We used to have terrible trouble on our Maylandsea mooring. Within a month of launch the hull had been coated with suspended particles which covered the antifouling. Maybe you should lock into Heybridge once a month for a dose of fresh water. My boat is as clean as a whistle, but then I've been on the move mostly in the Baltic. That is really the only answer; retire and do more sailing.

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
We use EU45, last year was great, this year not so good. The difference being last year she got a lot of use but this year very little due to kids exams & work commitments.
I therefore believe that if you use an eroding antifoul then you must keep the boat moving. I have no experience of hard antifoul.

BAtoo

Visit site

Squib in marina - Micron - gets used frequently & has been scrubbed a few times as we race this - generally a little slime & thats it

Other boat; on a swinger at Pin Mill; not used too much this yr due to other commitments -
Jotun, slime @WL, not seen below but motors/sails OK so suspect not too bad. Used it last yr when marina based and got slime but no weed and definitely no shellfish !!!!

Champagne Murphy

Visit site
Squib in marina - Micron - gets used frequently & has been scrubbed a few times as we race this - generally a little slime & thats it

Other boat; on a swinger at Pin Mill; not used too much this yr due to other commitments -
Jotun, slime @WL, not seen below but motors/sails OK so suspect not too bad. Used it last yr when marina based and got slime but no weed and definitely no shellfish !!!!

Pin Mill too, eh? ?Boat? Sounds as though Jotun may be the one though.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Last year Cruiser Uno in Shotley not a lot of sailing and only slime, this year just pressure washed but installed ultra-sonics:D lot of fine green weed at waterline in common with others and light slime below. Time will tell:rolleyes:

Sniper

Visit site
Swinging mooring at Pin Mill. Boat went in early May. Put her on the posts at Levington last month - virtually nothing apart from a light coat of slime. This year, just one coat of Cruiser Uno. Very pleased!

Tradewinds

www.laurelberrystudio.com
Jotun.

No fouling anywhere. Fantastic!

Mind you, I only launched this Wednesday :rolleyes: .

Seriously, I used the cheaper of the Jotun offerings last year (it has an anti-slime additive) - just under 12 months in the water until haul-out this May - very little on it, it would have washed off with a good, hard sail.

Jotun for me (from Shepherd Marine).