Orca attack

Adios

Visit site
As for the suggestion of explosives, I wonder if an orange marker flare dropped on the surface of the water might be better. It does not cause any noise & disperses fairly soon. But the orange spread on the surface might confuse the Orca as it surfaces through it to breath. Sand has already been suggested as a deterent due to its effect on their breathing, so this could be a less harmful method than blowing their brains out. That being said, some might just like to try the latter.
The explosives weren't to blow brains out, and probably less harmful than pouring sand down their breathing tubes. Orcas are sensitive to sonic waves and a bang could be unpleasant enough to move them away. Banging a metal pipe mentioned as well. Its an already tried method: How Do You Keep Killer Whales Away From an Oil Spill? | response.restoration.noaa.gov

Beneteau381

Visit site
The explosives weren't to blow brains out, and probably less harmful than pouring sand down their breathing tubes. Orcas are sensitive to sonic waves and a bang could be unpleasant enough to move them away. Banging a metal pipe mentioned as well. Its an already tried method: How Do You Keep Killer Whales Away From an Oil Spill? | response.restoration.noaa.gov
Interesting that some people are quite voluble on the use of reversing or anything else that can be seen to be not nice to orcas but keep schtum when people go where polar bears are and are legally required to have firearms or flash bangs!

Daydream believer

Visit site
Interesting that some people are quite voluble on the use of reversing or anything else that can be seen to be not nice to orcas but keep schtum when people go where polar bears are and are legally required to have firearms or flash bangs!
Personally, if i was about to become lunch for a dirty great polar bear I would have no worries about giving it both barrels at zero range. Come to that, if I had a choice between my rudder, or an Orca, then we might be one Orca short next time they did an Orca count

veshengro

Visit site
" just a boat full of tourists that got into trouble. "

Language problem...
" All ok, we're just having a whale of a time"...
Panic..issa Orca Mr Faulty...😆

KeithMD

Visit site
Are the attack locations anywhere near offshore windfarms? I've seen it suggested that the pile-driving of the bases for the windfarms causes huge sonar shock waves which distress aquatic mammals like whales and dolphins.