Oostende 2007

FullCircle

Visit site
FullCircle and Goldfish, in Full Circle.

I take it you mean on the customary annual weekend when the Oostenders have their annual shindig, and its all very crowded?
i.e May Bank Holiday Weekend.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CliveG

Visit site
We intend to bring Sirenia along.
Crew not sorted yet.
Family not sure what they are doing.

Hope to get a mooring sorted before then for an easy start.

Are we having a get together before hand?

Is it wise to plan to be in Oostende on Friday to get a mooring?

CliveG

Visit site
Belfield tide plotter is indicating neaps on the Thursday and Friday with a mid-day low of about 1.4m at Bawdsey.
Should be able to slip out early afternoon and be in Oostend mid morning on Friday.

What are the best Charts for the area around Oostende?
Going to look at some at LIBS on Wednesday week.

FullCircle

Visit site
Clive,
£5= 7.48 Euro. Or taken at the bar, would be better, I think. Well thought out sailing plan for 2007, as the beer at Ramsholt is splendid, and the weekends just got at least 6 hours longer.

Post on here if you need extra crew. I am sure we will be able to find someone or two suitable.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

Sixpence

Visit site
two totally unsuitable volunteers here in the persona of myself and good lady Louise , so if Neil doesn't manage his upgrade we will be open to offers for a few more hours if anyone else has any openings , but we are absolute novices as Jim will testify , when he said release the clutch I looked for a pedal , honest

Sixpence

Visit site
Thanks Neil , looking forward to it and just hope you manage to sell in time , see you in Hunstanton , but you might want to bring your foulies with you cos it's not looking to be nice

CliveG

Visit site
I have booked the week off and so has the Elder daughter, Son not working at the moment /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ,youngest Daughter will be on holiday from 6th form (with a load of course work to do).

Not sure what to do after getting to Oostende apart from getting back to work on the following Monday.

Any plans Neil?
Got a boat Neil?

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
No boat yet... working hard on it!

We're planning to take the week off too, and then perhaps explore away from Oostende.... we were planning to head to Holland last year, but the weather put paid to that, and so we did it in the summer.... however, this year we might head south, and go explore some of the French resorts a bit.... or possibly dive back over to the UK, and explore some of the Kent coat, or possibly do Blankenberge..... or..... well we'll make it up as we go along!

All depends of course on getting a new boat in time, otherwise we are in the hands of any potential skippers taking us onboard!

Oen

Visit site
Now, if I'm back on the east coast, or nearby, and I make it to the first port of call, will everyone else come with us this time?

After last year, surely this one will be a scorcher!

CliveG

Visit site
Not to much heat please, as that will mean no wind.
I don't want to have to motor all the way.

I am not sure of or range on a full tank but I am sure that it would not get us all the way over.

Have to top up the tank half way.
That should be fun.