On-line boat chatting

lanason

Visit site
I know this is a forum but has (I'm sure they have) suggested an on-line chatting service with rooms. They are really good and (quick) if they are kept simple. We can then have a conversation !!!!!!!!!

Adrian

hlb

RIP
Visit site
EE. Cock.
We've been having conversations on eer for years.
and all at our own leisurely pace.
And without all that.
" Hello is there anybody there" Crap.
Now what was that smile and wink thingy!
Ok here go's ); or is it :) or even <,/^>|.!!!

Haydn

BarryH

Visit site
Call me a novice, BUT why the hell do they call it a chat room, since Ive been using this my wife thinks Ive become a monk and taken a vowl? of silence!!!!

G

Ahh but if its on-line chatty thing we'll all have to learn different accents. Och ai the noo for when Nick's on; ee baa gum for H; air hair lair type for jfm and Piers; and Stavros type "hello every bloody bods" for Byron. What about the others

Nominations for who's got what accent?

Oh of course ;-) (thanks byron)

lanason

Visit site
I don'y mean any of that "kids chat" rubbish but witty, sharp, sensible conversation.
Now maybe if you want slow chat you own a yatch. For on-line chat re Power Boat!!

and none of that slang stuff :)

jfm

Visit site
ee by gum or gizza job for JFM

Colin take careful note please.....Me = born in Leeds and brought up just North of Liverpool till aged 18. Secondhand underpants. Man City Seas ticket holder remember? Yer soft Southerner! ;-)

G

Re: ee by gum or gizza job for JFM

Where you're born don't count. If I'd been born in a stable it wouldn't make me Jesus Christ or an ass would it? And you're "something in the city" now so bound to be all toffish.
;-)

boomer

N/A
Visit site
Serious question - are you sure about the 'Stavros' analysis? With a name like Byron Alexander I had assumed he was from the other side of Offa's Dike and more likely to say 'look you Boyo' than 'hello peeps' Any witnesses?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
If you wish to try out a live chat service, you are welcome to go to the link below and then choose forum/chat - click on chat, create a room called Boat and chat away. I admin the site and even though it is not a boating site, you can arrange to meet there in your own boating chat room and chat away. Just arrange a mjeeting time via this forum.
http://www.wheretoflyfish.com

Paul

jfm

Visit site
Re: psychological profiling

Oooh Dr boomer - you can't figure people out off the net, this is your first bit of on-line psychology on this BB and it's a bit off the mark! Stavros is indeed apt: Byron drives Greek supertankers in his spare time and is most def not a Welsh sheep farmer. What else, come on who is the axe murderer?? ;-)

tripleace

Visit site
Boat one has a chat room, visited it once, nobody online, except boatone. The whole things like CB radio in the 80's, it only works when you have a volume of people online ALL the time and then conversations do dry up (even I'm sure greek supertanker driver Bryon).

I much prefer this. oh almost forgot ;-)

Have you lot considered MSN messenger service. its free and shows whose on line?

byron

RIP
Visit site
"Have you lot considered MSN messenger service. its free and shows whose on line?"
ICQ is much better as it actually pages you if someone you know comes on line. There's quite a few of us using it now and often chatter. If you are on the boat this weekend and I am out I will bring you a copy, otherwise.... pop up to me and I will give you one (waiting for sexual innuendos)

ô¿ô
www.education-jobs.co.uk
www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
We have a chat room in development but, as anyone who uses them will know, one of the problems with most of them is that you can assume any identity that takes your fancy and we've down down that route before here. So we're looking at how you can take your forum identities and use them on the chat room. As Byron says elsewhere, there's a lot of other things to do here too at the moment but it's one of a few enhancements underway for this area.

lanason

Visit site
Kim -Thanks for the update - I look forward to seeing if it works.
I guess at the moment most people log on - leave messages then log off and come back later to see what's changed.
I was on last night and read everything I wanted to and then I was waiting for replies.
Take care
Adrian