Old Charts

sunquest

Visit site
I have "inherited" a whole raft of charts covering the UK and port approaches dated around 1976 and used by a coaster of that era. Is there any value in them or should they be consigned to the recycling bin.

tillergirl

Visit site
Well Fisher Nautical sell old black and white charts for £5 each so there isn't much value in them. That said whilst my interst is in much older charts, I wouldn't want you to throw away anything between Ramsgit and Boston.

pugwash60

Visit site
I'd keep them, not much changes, and it's better to have an old chart than nothing. They are also good quality paper and good for wrapping things to be posted, I also tend to use old charts as the basis for my Christmas cards.

prv

Visit site
Use them as wallpaper

My parents did that with OS maps of the West Country, in their first house. All trimmed at the overlaps so that they butted up nicely. Apparently you could walk all the way from Land's End to Salcombe along the upstairs landing :)

Pete

Cornishman

Visit site
They are of the right thickness for making paper washers and gaskets in various parts of the "mechanicals" if you do your own maintenance

Other threads that may be of interest