OK - who was it?

Chris_d

Visit site
You should post this on scuttlebut, I reckon it swerved to avoid a raggie tacking the wrong side up the road /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ramage

Visit site
No, not a raggie. Around Henley it is much more likely to be a ROBO eight going flat out down the middle of the road and not looking where they are going!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rr_123

Visit site
I know that boat - belongs to a friend of my ex-mother-in-law-to-be (and she is from SA)

will initiate enquiries!

kds

www.canongrange.co.uk
"Hambagashly" is certainly not a slang term for a chameleon - it is one way of spelling the old Zulu/Matabele phrase meaning "travel peacefully".
Unfortunately, not in this instance !!!
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JKay

Visit site
It's meaning "to go slowing,relax swar and take a break ek

sae" just like a chameleon..(sp)

Although local mate told me it real meaning was"Go with God"

lekke Goes it Swar Joe

Pennoir

Visit site
I can shed some light on this, unfortunately it is my boat, transporting her from Hobbs boat yard last Sunday evening, one of the welds just behind the hitch snapped and the trailerr & boat veered across the road and into the shallow ditch. (thank god no cars were coming the other way!) Anyway was planning to hoist her onto a new trailer on Thursday when the Henley Standard ran the story on page 2, within 3 hours of them pinpointing the precise location of the boat it was descended on and stripped clean & vandalised. Thanks Henley Standard, it seems they did not even check with the police or local boatyard to see if it had been reported by its owner and at least waited until it could be recovered before running the story!

Anyway, anybody interested in collecting her and taking on a renovation?? She will need to be lifted as the pikeys have pulled the trailer from underneath her and left her on dry land!!

I'm serious - she's free to anybody who wants her,PM me if interested, the farmer wants her off his land....

No Regrets

Visit site
And if it helps anybody a 535 (Looks like a 535?) weighs in at around 700kg

A six man job.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Brayman

Visit site
That is really bad news. Not only unlucky with your trailer but compounded by the publicity. I should tread carefully for a while as bad luck comes in threes.

How sad for your first post on here.

I hope you can get some recompense.
Best of luck

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
What a sad story ...

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto

Pennoir - take your mobile number off your posting and ask peeps to PM you. Or if it's too late ask the moderators to remove it for you