Oh joy

oilybilge

Visit site
"Riders will also be accompanied by a qualified Royal Yacht Association Level 2 instructor when out on the rivers."

That's something at least.

Richborough

Visit site
I live on the river stour. You cannot trust them. Just last week 6 were out of control. And one had a very small child with them.

johnalison

Visit site
I live on the river stour. You cannot trust them. Just last week 6 were out of control. And one had a very small child with them.
That’s the problem. We are forever being told about how terribly responsible some of them are, but this is little consolation when others feel encouraged to create mayhem and disturb those out for quiet enjoyment over a large area, or the unfortunate residents who bought property nearby when such things had not been invented.

Wansworth

Visit site
The same ilk who pootled pass my boat on the river Arun second fastest river ,kids without LJ on the front adults in the cockpit having a good time

Bouba

Visit site
The same ilk who pootled pass my boat on the river Arun second fastest river ,kids without LJ on the front adults in the cockpit having a good time
You see that on the Mediterranean….it is definitely one of the things that annoys me…one unexpected wake and…well, it could lead to another unexpected wake 😧☹️

Habebty

Visit site
I was out for a sail Weds and saw a well behaved procession line astern of jet skis coming out of the Orwell (looked like 6 knots). Whilst I don’t like the bloody things, at least the hooning about bit was way out towards the Cork yacht beacon. Nice change from the idiots that occasionally turn up from the Clacton area. Curiously, the Harwich Harbour Guide states that jet skiing is prohibited in the harbour, so I guess this group have negotiated an exemption due to the qualified instructor accompanied group?

Bouba

Visit site
I wondered that, which might make sense - but the waterspout coming up suggests big standard ICE engines.
In which case pure unfounded hype
Say you had two people going somewhere on a superyacht.....it’s environmentally friendly if they went by jet ski instead